HKPRO Forums banner

Too much? Not enough? Elite inside.....

3K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  HKAG 
#1 ·
Is this too much? Too much Wick Effect? overcompensating?

See less See more
#17 ·
A weapon large or intricate enough to require a crew to operate and maintain it is crew served. Some people refer to the Mark 23 as crew served in jest to poke fun at it's size. The eotech and mount on the Expert evoked the same tease from me.
Another theme I've heard regarding large 'hand cannons' include variations on the premise that they 'need a set of wheels and trail.'
Usually applied to heavy hunting handguns and particularly applicable to the Freedom Arms .444 and .45-70 revolvers.

#4 ·
Someone has a sense of humor.

All kidding aside, the Elite is the perfect platform for a red dot. I lament the day Mark Housel at L&M Precision retired. He was the go to to mill my Elite and Expert slides for RMRs. I don’t trust anyone else to do the work so I’m left to daydream about the accuracy I could potentially squeeze out of these pistols at distance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#9 ·
So that would be the update or the return of the 1980s or 90s space gun setup where everyone wanted the 1.5X pistol scope on their handgun?

I took one of those pistol scope rigs off a .44 Mag revolver I bought and I turned down what would have been a nice 'match' .22 LR with one where the gun had been modified for the mount and they wanted like new cutting edge from 20-30 years ago price for the glass that had become obsolescent.

#10 ·
Trust me, a new red dot sight will be purchased for the Elite, AND placed on the frame mount.....i dont want to ruin the guns value by milling the slide, and I am totally fine running an RDS on a frame mount, in fact, I prefer it, as this is a plinking/target pistol and will never see a holster or be carried while I own it......

#13 ·
That is a unique look, I like it for being different.
I would do something like that just to be different and because I can.

Here is a question, do you have a Mark 23 to put that on? I would be interested to see what that combo looks like.
Sorry, no Mark 23 here...thought about getting the Mark 23 before I bought this Elite, but couldn't bring myself to spend the $800 more on the Mark 23....

#20 ·
Well, i hope you all had some fun! It was meant to be funny....the Meprolight is back on the Tavor, and I am now shopping for a cheap (yes, I said cheap) rds sight for the USP....i'm thinking in the $200 range for the USP.....lots a good reviews for the Burris, lots of quality issues with the Vortex...any one else suggest any red dot sights around the $200 mark that aren't ccrap?

#27 ·
AimTech....i emailed them when i saw it on their site...emailed 3 times actually, never heard back from them...called three times, never heard back from them...makes me think they are out of business...i found cheaperthandirt had 2 still in stock...i bought one while i could....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.