HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shot at 15 yards and 25 yards. i'm still new to shooting so i can't shoot as fast as you other crazies out there. i can probably do 2 shots in 1 second max. if i tried 3, i wouldn't have my sights on target yet....

which brings me to 2 issues i encountered today. i still have trouble controlling the recoil of both guns (HK45 more so). after each shot, my hands sometimes shift a bit (grip strength i guess) and the gun points up a bit. i then have to extend forward again to get back on target. the other issue is that after shooting about 50+ rounds of 9mm and .45 i get the "shakes"....how do i get rid of those and what kind of conditioning do i need to do? =(

i don't know how to add photos on here so i just shared the album via link: Target Practice

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You'll get some tips here, but the best thing you can do for yourself is get to a legit training class and let an instructor break down things for you. When I say legit, I mean someone with credentials beyond an NRA instructor cert. Pistol-training.com is a great site, and Todd puts on a great class if you can get to one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like your groups are well centered - good start. :)

As a new shooter, I would highly recommend taking some professional lessons, 1:1 would be a good start for the fundamentals. I wouldn't focus on speed yet - focus on building good fundamentals and the speed will come. Like driving, it's not something you can really learn by reading. Having a skilled instructor teach you the basics 1:1 first is a good way to start -- you'll learn the basics plus little tips and corrections along the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts