HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be shooting to left a bit from about 10 yards out.

I have installed light TRS and FPB Springs to make me a V1. I'm trying to get to the range tomorrow and see how it feels.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I shoot the same way with my P30 9. Super accurate in my groupings, but just like you they seem to stray to the left. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one. Try some snap-caps to see if maybe you are jerking a little to the left anticipating the shot. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Are you new to LEM? If so, for some it takes some time and money to get used to it. It really exposes any issues you may have with shooting mechanics and trigger control.
So, with so many variables...you gotta go back to the basics (trigger follow thru, stance, breathing, etc.)

LEM exposed that I had a slight anticipation in recoil...ball & dummy helped that out. Previously, at 10 yards with a buttery smooth 226...I thought I was money! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
LEM exposed that I had a slight anticipation in recoil...ball & dummy helped that out. Previously, at 10 yards with a buttery smooth 226...I thought I was money! :)
Same here.. but only with my light lem p30 9mm, 2" to 3" left consistently at 10 yards.
P2000 in 40, the first 112 rounds I shot out of it were in the center at 10 yards.
HK45c, consistently more accurate and centered on the target.

There is just something about the abrupt stacking of my P30 trigger that freaks me out.

Now if I concentrate and shoot slow and will myself to relax.. it gets better, but it doesn't stay better for long.

Break out the P226 or P220.. center of the target in DAK or DA/SA

Just passed 9500 rounds through this P30. I need to cure this.. or move on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That wheel chart was also designed for target shooting, one handed with a bladed stance...

You can pull accurate shots no matter where your finger is on the trigger as you are pulling straight to the rear with the first pad on your index finger. Pull consistently straight back through your trigger pull. I carried my P2000 lem for the last 5 years, 2 years ago switching to the light lem. The prob was always the length of the trigger pull, resulting in an excess amount of time and trigger travel to influence your trigger pull one way or the other which translates into moving the muzzle = pulled shots. Focus on a strong front sight picture on top of your target all the way through your trigger pull and make sure your pulling straight to the rear. Chances are your curling your whole finger during your trigger pull vs bending from the 2nd joint while your first joint moves with the first pad to keep an even pull rearward or you will experience pulled shots to the left (for a right handed shooter)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
That old chart has been around since everyone shot revolvers. Still pretty accurate for heavy trigger weight DA pistols -- or Heavy LEM.

Takes so much effort to squeeze the trigger it forces the pistol low left as the trigger breaks. You can certainly master this trigger with often exorbitant expenditures of time and effort but why bother? This rarely occurs with good SA pistols like the M1911, Glock, or M&P (assuming trigger weights in the 5 pound range) or with Light LEM for the same reasons. Of with DA/SA pistols AFTER the first shot. But the first shot is paramount.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
259 Posts
I agree that SA autos are going to be more accurate..but a few inches to the left isn't too much of a concern in a combat pistol....it's a trade off I guess...you give up a little in accuracy for peace of mind...the LEM for most people is a safer trigger system than a traditional single action or striker fired action like the Glock (I like putting my thumb on a hammer when re-holstering). Also, my other 2 carry guns are snub nose revolvers so for me the LEM keeps all three guns consistent in manual of arms trigger wise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i Moved my rear sight 1 mm on my hk p30 and it shoots perfect and its even on target on longer distance shots.. the hk p30's I saw at the gun stores the front sight seem to be off a little. and the .40 the sights where alighned with the gun . Don't know why that is ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
how fast are you shooting? i'll be going this week to the range too. i'm going to try and learn how to shoot 2 consecutive shots. hopefully i can get the feel of it pretty quickly.

ps: i tried shooting at that sized target at 25 yards and it's hella tough. my front sight is just a tad smaller than the target....

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The target shows the results of the horrible 9+ pound LEM trigger. You have to mash the trigger so hard you force the pistol low left.

Easiest solution is a couple of springs to covert to Light LEM. Part numbers are posted daily...

-- Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
The target shows the results of the horrible 9+ pound LEM trigger. You have to mash the trigger so hard you force the pistol low left.

Easiest solution is a couple of springs to covert to Light LEM. Part numbers are posted daily...

-- Chuck
Chuck, you've already responded with this info on the first page of this thread... if you notice, the OP has already converted to V1.

AWD

·
Registered
22 Posts
To switch my p2000 to the Todd Green Special I just have to change to the Firing Pin Block Spring #209296 and Hammer spring #214300, right? I've seen the p30 lem variants guide which is where I've gotten these parts numbers but just want to make sure those are the exact ones because the difference between all the springs is clear as mud to me and I have seen a couple different parts numbers and what not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts