HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my P30 today and once my woman got home we went to the range for her first time shooting. She had never even heard a gunshot until tonight. She was a bit jumpy in the beginning to say the least. I told her to hang back until she calmed down a bit.

I started off with 115gr American Eagle. The first 50 rounds were flawless! And the LEM trigger was great! the second 50 rounds were 115gr wwb. My girl finally wanted to shoot. She was nervous and hesitant... But took the first shot. I kept loading one bullet in the magazine for her to fire. Then 2... Then she was asking for more.lol. She had two stovepipes. But I'm absolutely blaming that on her EXTREME limp wristing within her first 10 shots(it was BAD!!) once I got her through the limp wristing there were no other malfunctions for the next 140 rounds.

She was still nervous... After I put up a new target for her and she hit 5in to the right of the bull... Then 3in... Then 3 bulls in a row... She was hooked. I had to ask her if I could shoot! She did GREAT after the initial nervousness and stopped limp wristing. At the end I was cleaning up the brass and she asked why we were leaving because she wasn't ready to go. Lol.

In all, 200 rounds fired.

100 American Eagle 115gr
50 WWB 115gr
50 Fed hydra shock. 147gr.

This is my first LEM firearm... And I'm definitely hooked! It felt GREAT!! I will be converting my 45c to light LEM and any future HK's will be LEM!

·
Registered
783 Posts
That was quick! Awesome man. Looks like some good gunnin'! Great new pistol and I'm glad you got to shoot it so quickly.

Sounds like had the perfect date.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on the new gun. Its always fun taking out a girl and teaching her how to shoot. Looks like she is going to want her own pretty soon.

What range is that? Looks like Ready Aim Fire?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Good gunning you guys experienced. Glad you had good luck with her and the new pistol. The pistol does not tolerate limp wrist shooting, esp when new. Keep at it, and hopefully it'll be a good bonding experience.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the new gun. Its always fun taking out a girl and teaching her how to shoot. Looks like she is going to want her own pretty soon.

French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville Pa.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice little date! I'm slowly convincing my wife to come with me some time. Her friend's boyfriend is big into shooting too, so I'm thinking a double date will need to be in the near future :)

·
Registered
166 Posts

I had the same type of date with my wife when we went to shoot my newly aquired P30 .40 two weeks ago. I have 45 years of shooting experience, she had none. After about 50 rnds of Fed 180gr. she was out shooting me. We picked up her P30 9mm yesterday.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nice job. Looks like all you have to do is pick up a P30 for yourself now because I think that one has been spoken for.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Good stuff! I just swapped out the straps on my newly acquired P30l to the smallest grip configuration for my wife to try out this weekend. I have a feeling it will become "hers" just as you have most likely lost primary ownership of that P30...:wink:

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Good for you. I hope she continues to enjoy shooting. (This also help you buy more guns)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts