HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have Tornado Tech or have seen their work on extending and threading the P7 barrel? I guess they make an adapter to extend the barrel and thread it 13.5x1mm. My main concern is if there is any risk of them damaging or peening the barrel while removing it from the frame? I understand the barrel is pressed and pinned in there pretty darn securely and supposedly only HK has the proper equipment to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Their work is awesome. I have one of their threaded barrels. If you do a search on the forum you will see their work and mention of them in many post.

They have all the proper equipment to press the barrel etc. They actually did contract work for HK on the threaded barrels in the past.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Tornado Tech is one of the best places in the business as far as I am concerned. Haven't had a P7 done but I have had several other barrels done by them and the work has always been outstanding. They are the only place I call when I need a barrel threaded.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! When you send it in did they start soon after or do they hold onto your project for a few weeks, months etc before getting started? Are they pretty good at answering the phone or emails and keeping one updated? I ask because another outfit down the road from them wasn't for me in the past.

gmcoolguy, did they leave your p7 barrel crown as is when making the adapter or did they have to recrown it? Do you see any signs of the barrel or the shroud that holds the barrel in place incur any stress or wear from the removal and replace process? How does it sound suppressed for you? Do you handload your 9mm for it? thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts