HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's just an HK94 that was SBR'd on a Form 1 and converted to look like an MP5, Nothing really special, It's not as if it's a registered receiver MP5. Price actually seems a little bit more steep than some other conversions I've seen on gunbroker.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it says transferable in the auction, and even if it were an SBR, those aren't legal in Illinois.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Why the Uzi booklet in the background?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It doesn't have the pushpin lower, so its just a converted HK94.

Just SBRed (which i suppose IS transferrable)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm willing to bet the typo is pre 94 instead of pre 86, Otherwise that auction is a scam, no information about it other than "$4,500" and nobody would buy a transferrable machinegun with nothing but a price point.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Pre 86 means this is a dealer sample that you can transfer to your personal ownership if you give up your FFL/SOT. The fact it is not a pushpin is just that like it says, it was converted from a 94. So whoever did the conversion had a trigger pack clipped to fit, but it is not a registered sear, so you cannot remove it from the gun.

Price seems a little since it looks like they just chopped the 16 inch barrel on the 94. Whoever bids on it, better ask a lot of questions.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I sent the guy a message.If its a transferrable it is a registered reciever obviously I would think and his price would be incorrect.If its a dealer sample his price of $4500 seems a bit high given that you can sometimes find a sample for under $7K that is a factory gun?If I find out I will let you know.I might try to buy it either way?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
It doesn't have the pushpin lower, so its just a converted HK94.
So are 99% of all other transferable MP5s. Even most of the ones with pushpin lowers were converted HK94s, they were just converted as registered receivers instead of sear guns.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Pre 86 means this is a dealer sample that you can transfer to your personal ownership if you give up your FFL/SOT. The fact it is not a pushpin is just that like it says, it was converted from a 94. So whoever did the conversion had a trigger pack clipped to fit, but it is not a registered sear, so you cannot remove it from the gun.

Price seems a little since it looks like they just chopped the 16 inch barrel on the 94. Whoever bids on it, better ask a lot of questions.
Right, whomever wrote the ad is using contradictory terms. Like you say, Pre-86 is used to indicate dealer sample only guns, transferable is for ones that can do to us regular folks.

So a Pre-86 transferable is kind of an oxymoron.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I emailed him too but no response. I hate when people write stupid ads...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Right, whomever wrote the ad is using contradictory terms. Like you say, Pre-86 is used to indicate dealer sample only guns, transferable is for ones that can do to us regular folks.

So a Pre-86 transferable is kind of an oxymoron.
I'm still willing to bet that he "means" pre-94 as there are states which from my understanding still validates part of the AWB and that "Transferrable" means it's ready on a form 4 to transfer as an SBR. I highly doubt this thing is a legit sear gun.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's a fraud. I wouldn't pay a dime for it, as civilian ownership of MGs are illegal in IL.
The guy's not an NFA dealer as that would be the only way he could own it there.
And if you do get taken on this deal, GunBroker will do nothing.
No free or cheap rides with NFA things.
Buy from a reputable dealer and save the headache.

·
Registered
630 Posts
That AD is just too kooky to figure out what he has. he has listed under MG, so you would think that is a MG, he has it listed a pre-86 transferable, which to a lot of folks mean that it can be transfered to anyone on a Form 4. But the price does not make any sense, uless this guy is really, really totally clueless what a transferable MG goes for, especially a HK model, which I don't believe that, sounds like a scam to me.

As for being in Illinois, didn't the state at one time allow registered MG, but later changed it to forbid it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
5-7yrs ago they use to allow AOW until the 'new' govoner came to office (Chicago) and now they don't allow anything.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts