HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the mag release is at the heel of the grip, how hard has it been for shooters used to american style mag releases to move to this location ?
Had a M13 for a few years and baby sat a M8 for some time, thinking of returning to the squeeze cock clan.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Personally I don't mind the heel release. Three of my favorite guns, P7, Seecamp and Sig P232 utilize the feature. Keeps the sides of the gun clean and thin. Reloads are easy and quick enough.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Personally I don't mind the heel release. Three of my favorite guns, P7, Seecamp and Sig P232 utilize the feature. Keeps the sides of the gun clean and thin. Reloads are easy and quick enough.
I agree; my 2 favorites in terms of feel and pointability, the P7 PSP and P9S, both have a heel release. Also, in terms of a gun that's carried alot I've always felt that the recessed version of the P7 PSP heel release is optimal. It keeps the gun as narrow and clean as possible, while ensuring that the mag release won't be unintentionally actuated while the gun is being carried.

HTH

·
1,204 Posts
The heel release on the P7 is not your typical heel release. A typical heel release requires you to pull the mag out. On the P7, you push the button, and the mag ejects freely. I could get used to that, I think.

·
Registered
67 Posts
FWIW, I started with a PSP and sold it towards an M8. The PSP felt better in the hand, for some reason (probably the palm swell grips and lower sights), but the M8 mag release is much more natural for me having owned a USP. Even so, I found myself reaching for the heel of the M8 for a few mags after the switch.

If it's going to be a carry piece, I'd do plenty of mag change drills both at home and at the range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts