HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To change a Trigger Group from 7.62 to 5.56, just change the Ejector?
If I wanted to go to 9mm, I would also have to change the Hammer, Hammer Spring & Ejector?

Please don't blast me. I just don't want to make any mistakes.

Thanks,
Chief

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
7.62 to 5.56 ejector. to 9mm hammer spring (maybe) and ejector for sure. It may or may not run well with the rifle hammer spring and might be a little harder to cock. Some use a .40cal spring and pretty much get away with everything. The registered pack my friend has that I run in my 9mm sometimes has a rifle hammer spring and all I have to do to use it is swap the ejectors and drop the pack in.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
There are only two hammer springs. One for pistol and one for rifle. I have a rifle spring that is a bit shorter than normal, almost like they cut a winding off of it. I use it for every caliber. 9mm - .308 and it works fine.

I only change out the ejector lever when changing calibers. Also, I have found that the 53 and 33 ejector levers are interchangeable, even though the 53 is cut to a shorter length. I've used the factory 53 lever in my HK 93, C93 and V93. I've also used the HK33 lever in my V53 and CA53AR.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Ain't nobody going to blast you... well DJ or Retro might , but...

I use one of my sear packs completely set up for 223 and just change out the individual ejectors for whatever caliber from 9mm to 308. I have and leave in the rifle hammer spring for everything... even the 22 kit.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone for their replies. Don't want to mess-up my WTS Set Trigger Group.
Because problems, tend to cost alot more to fix, then getting it right the first time.

Chief

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Great info to have

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
1navychief,
you got it first hand. They pretty much set ya straight. Thanks shattered for the vote of confidence!
Dj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts