HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a thread about the trigger lower being loose and I couldn't find one. I bought an hk a2 stock and now my lower moves forward and backward. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
886 Posts
You can put a small tack welds on the pistol grip where the forward pin goes. then file to fit. I have done it before.

Bill

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanks for the idea. Ill give it a go.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's what I did. I had a buddy who is REALLY good with a TIG welder tack weld more material into the pin hole recesses and then I filed them down to a tight fit with a 1/4" round file. He was so good with the TIG (low heat setting) that the paint only burned/bubbled-up about 2-3/16" around his welds. So little in fact that I simply sanded the areas down and hit them with some flat black hi-temp BBQ grill paint. It all hides under the stock cap so you can't see it. I'm happy. :D

·
2,832 Posts
another option is to get a cliped and pinned plastic lower, all mine(from GM or Adam) have fit nice and tight, no woble like some of the metal lower.........plus the plastic lowers look cool :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks again I might take you up on that offer, although I;m gonna trade it out +$ for a new stock and see if that works. I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rubber cushion fix

I put a pea sized dot of black silicone rubber on the receiver just a bit higher than the mag release pin then covered the dot w/ a small piece of saran wrap. Slide the trigger group 'almost' in to place flattening the silicone rubber but leaving it a little high to give a bit of a compression fit once it's cured. Allow a couple of days for it to cure to the center (peel the saran slowly to check the cure. In the end you have a mold-in-place custom fit that eliminates metal to metal contact./Bob

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thats sounds interesting. I just checked out how the movement affected function and I really didn't notice any problems but still..... it bugs the F___ out of me. I will keep your trick in mind when it comes time to "pay the piper "
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine does it too - I think they all might.

It's a little more loose once the hammer is cocked, but I don't mind.

Would recommend putting a small piece of rubber in the stock before adding any weld.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts