HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have converted the G3 trigger pack to semi-auto, I have the shelf welded in to .400 and the trigger stop pin in place. What I need to know is, where do I drill the new pivot pin for the sear spring ( AR-15 hammer spring )? Do I need to fill in the old holes? Please help. I would like to finish this project this weekend. Thank you.

·
Registered
886 Posts
its about 3/8" up from the bottom. Hole placement is not super critical unless its for a registered sear.

Bill

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
These are ATF instructions sent to investment grade firearms:

3. Cut away the front corner of the trigger housing where the automatic sear is mounted, .410-inch from the bottom and .540 inch from the front towards the rear.
4. A new hole has to be drilled to accommodate the trigger spring. The hole dimension is .200 inch drill that hole .165 inch from the front of the new corner and .250 from the bottom of the new corner. These dimensions are for the center of the hole.

What they really want is for the original hole to be completely cut away and not just filled in. If you just weld it up and relocate it, you'd likely be just fine, but I think they prefer it to be completely removed. The converted SEF packs I have all have the old hole cut completely away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts