HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together an HK94 clone pistol in the next couple of weeks and I have a question about trigger pack compatibility.

Can a trigger pack from an SP89 clone be converted to fit into an HK94 clone? It's my understanding that a trigger pack from an SP89 clone will not work properly in an HK94 clone (correct me if I am wrong).

If so, which parts need to be changed out from the SP89 trigger pack in order for it to work in an HK94?

Trying to keep the cost down on this build. Thanks in advance guys.

-Geoff.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's my understanding that a trigger pack from an SP89 clone will not work properly in an HK94 clone (correct me if I am wrong).
It's not the pack, it's the grip frame that is different. An SP89 (or clone like the BA89) grip frame is shorter than the 94/MP5 frame and doesn't have the tang necessary to mount to the 9mm "full-size" receiver as used on the HK94 or like clones.

You need a grip frame that is HK94/MP5/93/53 specific and a 9mm trigger pack (or at least a pack with the 9mm ejector and maybe a 9mm trigger spring).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not the pack, it's the grip frame that is different. An SP89 (or clone like the BA89) grip frame is shorter than the 94/MP5 frame and doesn't have the tang necessary to mount to the 9mm "full-size" receiver as used on the HK94 or like clones.
So an SP89 trigger pack is the exact same as an HK94 trigger pack?

·
Registered
34 Posts
So an SP89 trigger pack is the exact same as an HK94 trigger pack?
yes, the a normal 2 position or 3 position pack itself should be compatible with all HK 53/33/89/91/93/94 systems, with some minor modifications (mainly extractor, and hammer spring)

The selector is different between metal lowers and polymer lowers (on 2 and 3 postion models)

radically more different are 4 position ambidextrous lowers and their burst packs, way more complex, with lots more parts.
These can also be converted to Semi and with the proper extractor, hammer spring, and lower, will also fit them all.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sly, are you sure that you are not talking about the ejector lever? Doesn't make much sense to have to swap out the extractor if the 94's and 89's use the same bolt head.

Are there any other parts that need to be swapped out from the trigger pack itself in order to work in the 94 aside the hammer spring and extractor (or ejector)?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
No they will work without any changing of any parts on the trigger pack. The selectors are different for a poly lower to a metal lower.

If you need to change from 94 to 93 or 91 you would need a different ejector lever for each model and 1 hammer spring.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AWESOME! Thanks a lot guys. I already have several different trigger housings (metal and plastic), trigger packs, and selectors. Looks like all I need is a bolt carrier, 100degree locking piece, recoil spring, and an end cap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts