HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm waiting for my sear Form 4 transfer approval, planning ahead, I have a sear/trigger pack/trigger housing question.
My Fleming converted MP5 is coming with a Fleming sear installed in a 0,1,2,F trigger pack.

My question is how I will use the sear with other hosts?

When I purchase another host (for use after I divorce the sear from its current host) with a SEF trigger housing, can/how do I use the sear with the SEF housing/trigger pack? Must I find 0,1,2,F housings to put my pack in for other hosts?

As the 0,1,2,F housings are more difficult to find (and more expensive from what I see), perhaps I should install the sear in a SEF pack to make switching between housings/hosts easier?

Any input/guidance from the experienced/knowledgeable would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
AU,
it is always a good idea anyway to have housings fitted to each specific weapon. Then you just move the trigger pack from housing to housing etc. You will be most happiest doing it this way. :biggrin:
Dj

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
My question is how I will use the sear with other hosts? Must I find 0,1,2,F housings to put my pack in for other hosts?
You will swap ejectors if moving between calibers, and perhaps hammer springs. Many of us have had good luck running a 10mm spring as an all-use spring.

As the 0,1,2,F housings are more difficult to find (and more expensive from what I see), perhaps I should install the sear in a SEF pack to make switching between housings/hosts easier?
If you wanted a cheap hobby, H&K's and certainly full-auto, is not a good choice. Everything here is expensive.

Yes you need a 4-position lower for each host. The good news is one lower can work on the full size MP5, 93, and 91. The belt guns, and mp5k's need separate housings. So if you have a K gun you might need a 2nd housing. If you are ponying up 12k for a belt gun, 750 more for a housing shouldn't be a crimp in your finances.

As DJF said specific firearm housings is the BEST way, and you'll get there eventually. Short term you can take one and move it around.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
AU: If you purchase a 10mm host you'll need 10mm trip lever but it will work in the other calibers just fine.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
In the long run you will find is much easier to move SEF packs between different host guns ... so the easiest long term option is just get a second sear in a SEF pack and save this one for pistol calibers ..... but does cost a little bit more ;-). Back to short term, I see you got the Two round burst pack, which I always though would be interesting in a G3K (308 with 12" barrel).

Have you picked out your next two host guns yet? May I recommend a 53 (either an HK or from one of the better clone makers), one of Jeff's Dragons (maybe the 52DK) and then of course one on these ...

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Short term you can take one and move it around.
Sometimes true... sometimes not. What DJ is alluding to is that the shelf heights of the various guns may be at different heights. Having a separate grip frame (the outer part of the trigger assembly) that fits IT'S own gun perfectly, is a much better solution. In other words, make each grip frame fit the gun it's going to go on perfectly, then swap the trigger box with the sear into that particular grip frame.

Can't tell you how many times guys have had a gun run great and then complain very loudly when they try to swap the entire assembly over from a different host. Might work well, might not. Every host was built individually, from gun to gun from the same maker... never mind from different manufacturers.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
AU-E,

All the above is great advice. For myself...I went with SEF grips all the way around...just to keep it simple and I didnt feel the need for burst,etc. That's a whole conversation there on burst vs non burst packs...I'll venture forth and state that (perhaps) most HK'ers with many hosts, etc tend to see limited actual range use of the burst feature and thus many just stay SEF.

As far as shelf heights, packs, grips, etc: All above very true but I still prefer to use as few grips as possible, esp for guns that are in the same caliber ( think 51 vs 91; 53 vs 33/93, etc,etc). I've had good luck (but not perfect) moving the whole pack/grip package over from host to host w/o having to screw with removing the pack itself from the grip. I'd say try just moving the grip/pack combo around , testing it out on your hosts and see how they run. If fine, then you are done...no need to buy and fit additional grips to specific guns, etc. I bet you'll readily be able to tell which guns will work with which grips, even before shooting as the grips/packs that dont run right sometimes dont "feel" like they seat well to the shelf in the first place.

Welcome to the host world...and I feel pity for you actually...b/c once you start using hosts you'll junk out on them and become a host whore like most of us on this board...always scraping up spare change, trolling back alleys looking for new builds, having pushers ( gunsmiths), and crack ho' friends (hkpro folk) dominate your life. Sure...you'll start with a fantastic gateway drug...er weapon with that MP5...but you'll start eyeballing other guns...some bigger (91) , some smaller (k), some German, some not...sure, you may start off "All factory"...but at some point you'll start to do things you never thought you would for hobby. You'll start flipping tricks with things like 7.62 x 39 calibers....doing threesomes using German roller lock design mixed with Rusky ammo, built by some dudes in MI, OK, IL, or CA using flats from CA....getting kinky. Then after your no longer pure and monogamous you'll head into the dark world of beltfeds where your habit will accelerate. You'll end a junkie if you go down this road my friend. Best to stop considering it now....

-HH

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input!

Is it possible to install the sear I have in a SEF trigger pack?

Then all hosts could have SEF grip frames fitted to them properly, and, as suggested, I could move SEF trigger pack from host to host when I wanted to shoot different hosts.

Am I on the right track here?

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Is it possible to install the sear I have in a SEF trigger pack?
Yes.

Remember, don't have more sear ready packs in your posession than sears. ATF frowns on this.

Then all hosts could have SEF grip frames fitted to them properly, and, as suggested, I could move SEF trigger pack from host to host when I wanted to shoot different hosts. Am I on the right track here?
Yes.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
While I'm waiting for my sear Form 4 transfer approval, planning ahead, I have a sear/trigger pack/trigger housing question.
My Fleming converted MP5 is coming with a Fleming sear installed in a 0,1,2,F trigger pack.

My question is how I will use the sear with other hosts?

[
Most folks pick a Trigger Group they like and swap Trigger Groups with other hosts. Never known anyone to swap sears between Trigger Groups.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
As long as you don't have semi-shelf height issues (I don't, one housing will work on every gun, but mine are all German HK, no clones), you can move just one trigger group to every gun. The short tang required for a 93/53 or 94 will work just fine on a 91. The only thing you have to swap is the ejector, and maybe the hammer spring as suggested above. Only a K requires a special grip housing, as it has a rear push-pin since there's no tang at all.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
As long as you don't have semi-shelf height issues (I don't, one housing will work on every gun, but mine are all German HK, no clones), you can move just one trigger group to every gun. The short tang required for a 93/53 or 94 will work just fine on a 91. The only thing you have to swap is the ejector, and maybe the hammer spring as suggested above. Only a K requires a special grip housing, as it has a rear push-pin since there's no tang at all.

I do exactly what Av-Dave states above....except I have a mixture of clones and HKs. No issues though.

-HH

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I'm in with HH, and Dave...

I've got one burst housing from an MP5, that moves everywhere but the mp5k, and 23e. I've got a mix of H&K's, coharies, and others. To date, no issue with shelf height. A bit with width, but a few minutes on the milling machine, and the coharie shelf was brought to the same width as the H&K's.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
I'm in with HH, and Dave...

I've got one burst housing from an MP5, that moves everywhere but the mp5k, and 23e. I've got a mix of H&K's, coharies, and others. To date, no issue with shelf height. A bit with width, but a few minutes on the milling machine, and the coharie shelf was brought to the same width as the H&K's.
JD...funny bc I experience the same. Height OK on all ...but on some hosts, certain grips dont fit on the shelf due to width issues. Easily remedied however as you state.

hh

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Raf...yeah...I've been a major host whore for a few yrs now. Nasty arse habit. And habit is it...don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

-hh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts