HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got to shoot my HK45 today, and noticed somthing slightly strange about the trigger.

As you let it out to the reset point, you hear and feel a "click" before the actual reset. It allmost feels like it's reset, but you have to release it more to get to the actual reset point.

I had installed an LEM kit in the gun, and I started thinking this was the problem, so I returned it to v 1. The "click" was still there, when shooting in single action.

It looks like the trigger bar is moving side to side as it's reset, causing this.

My buddy says his USPf also does this, but not to the same degree.

Any of you other HK45 owners notice this in their guns?

Thanks,
Nimslow

·
Registered
886 Posts
Could be the trigger xfer bar riding over the spring loaded piton. The bar is stamped sheet stock metal and not the most smooth surface for it to ride on.

Bill

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Spoke with HK CS today and asked the lady if the LEM kits could be used in the HK45. She that it was not designed for the 45 and should not be used. She had no idea when the factory LEM would be released. I was going to use that route also.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else with an HK45 notice this "click" before the reset? Not really a problem when shooting at speed, but I've short stroked the trigger once or twice because of it. I'm thinking I just need some more trigger time on this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Haven't noticed mine (HK45) doing it in any of my dry fire manipulations but I'll have to wait till live fire on Wednesday to offer you more info. One question: Does it do it with the magazines inserted as well as the magazine removed?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
BTW, the false reset goes away. Somewhere between 500 and 1000 it disappeared. I suspect Bspring is right.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, the false reset goes away. Somewhere between 500 and 1000 it disappeared. I suspect Bspring is right.
Hopefully so. I'm creeping up on 500 rounds. And it's still there. Just as forceful as when it was new.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haven't noticed mine (HK45) doing it in any of my dry fire manipulations but I'll have to wait till live fire on Wednesday to offer you more info. One question: Does it do it with the magazines inserted as well as the magazine removed?

Magazine in, or out. It makes no difference. It's still there. I only notice it when I let the trigger return very slowly, when dry firing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts