HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. New to the forum here but have been lurking around some.

I have a USPc in 45 acp. I am wanting to see the options for a different trigger. I know of the LEM version for the compacts but are there "match" versions for the compacts?

Have folks "modified" some triggers to be like a full size "match" trigger?

My variant 1 (DA/SA) is starting to get annoying with the long first DA pull. Single action is great but that long first show.......wheww

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Good day. New to the forum here but have been lurking around some.

I have a USPc in 45 acp. I am wanting to see the options for a different trigger. I know of the LEM version for the compacts but are there "match" versions for the compacts?

Have folks "modified" some triggers to be like a full size "match" trigger?

My variant 1 (DA/SA) is starting to get annoying with the long first DA pull. Single action is great but that long first show.......wheww

Thank you for your time.
You can install the match trigger kit on your USPc .45, minus the actual match trigger with overtravel stop screw. Or you can drill and tap a hole in your compact trigger to fit the overtravel stop screw. The match trigger will not fit your compact trigger guard because it's too long.

I've just finished putting a match + LEM hybrid trigger in my USPc .45 stainless, minus the match trigger. Think of the Combat Competition in compact size. Without the overtravel stop screw, theres about 1/8 inch over travel but I still like it. The trigger break is crisp and light. Perhaps too light that I decided to re-install the safety lever. It's my range gun and HD gun.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Out of curiosity, the trigger you're referring to would have a shorter reset than the regular light LEM trigger? What you're describing you have on your USPc .45 is what I want on my USpc .45.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another question, I am new at this: what is the screw for? I see it on the full size, but only some of them. What does the screw actually do? I am just curious.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Turns up nothing remotely useful, thanks anyway though...
You're joking right? You clicked on the link I provided and none of those topics was "remotely useful"?

·
Registered
311 Posts
The screw I believe just prevents over travel, this shortening the reset even further. What I'd like to know is, what is the advantage of having the other match trigger components in with the light LEM components, making it a hybrid or quasi "combat competition) trigger minus the over travel screw.

Do the match components shorten reset more than a stock light LEM set up? Is the trigger pull further lightened? Trigger pull smoothed out? Take up reduced?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Another question, I am new at this: what is the screw for? I see it on the full size, but only some of them. What does the screw actually do? I am just curious.

Thank you for your time.
The screw minimizes the overtravel. If a USP full-size has Match trigger, it will have the overtravel stop screw. If you don't see it on the trigger, the gun doesn't have match trigger. Simple as that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Stupid question, but let's say i want to install the hybrid LEM on my USPc .45, what would I order from HKParts.net, the LEM kit plus what? The entire match kit, or can I just buy the components I need since I would not need the match trigger or match hammer...

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Stupid question, but let's say i want to install the hybrid LEM on my USPc .45, what would I order from HKParts.net, the LEM kit plus what? The entire match kit, or can I just buy the components I need since I would not need the match trigger or match hammer...
Not a stupid question. This question gets asked a lot. :wink:

You will want the whole LEM kit, but only parts of the Match Trigger kit. The most expensive part of the Match Trigger kit is the Match Hammer ($55), which you won't need (you'll be using the LEM hammer).

You only need these 2 Match parts for your USPc .45 (can be ordered directly from HK or elsewhere, links provided if any).

1. Match trigger rebound spring (TRS) - 215679 (here)
2. Match nickel plated flat spring - 215691 (here or here)

You won't need the Match trigger (too long), overtravel stop screw, hex key, or Match hammer spring (already came with your USPc .45).

Depend on what date code your gun is, you may need a new-style longer catch (219442 - here or here) to work properly with LEM hammer.

You might want to call HK and inquire about the Match TRS AND order the parts directly from them.

The installation process is very simple. Just follow the steps in the LEM installation instructions (can be found in the Reference library) to install LEM, then install the match nickel plated flat spring + match TRS.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not a stupid question. This question gets asked a lot. :wink:

You will want the whole LEM kit, but only parts of the Match Trigger kit. The most expensive part of the Match Trigger kit is the Match Hammer ($55), which you won't need (you'll be using the LEM hammer).

You only need these 2 Match parts for your USPc .45 (can be ordered directly from HK or elsewhere, links provided if any).

1. Match trigger rebound spring (TRS) - 215679 (here)
2. Match nickel plated flat spring - 215691 (here or here)

You won't need the Match trigger (too long), overtravel stop screw, hex key, or Match hammer spring (already came with your USPc .45).

Depend on what date code your gun is, you may need a new-style longer catch (219442 - here or here) to work properly with LEM hammer.

You might want to call HK and inquire about the Match TRS AND order the parts directly from them.

The installation process is very simple. Just follow the steps in the LEM installation instructions (can be found in the Reference library) to install LEM, then install the match nickel plated flat spring + match TRS.
Thank you sir, I'm sure you've probably answered this question several times before, but I couldn't find it on search. This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you for your time and patience!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks for posting that TooSixy, I'm going to convert my USP from V1 to the LEM/Match Hybrid. I can't find the thread now, but I remember someone saying that Travis?? at HK in Columbus did something different with the springs on the hybrid setup. Know anything about that?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
My pleasure.
Not sure what spring and whether it'd make the trigger lighter or heavier, but the Match + LEM Hybrid trigger is really light already, making it any lighter might cause soft strikes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No jokin man...I am not trying to be a smart-a** just trying to learn. Maybe if you knew so much that you could have just told me so instead of ramblin about it.

A gun worth this much and when I ask question I get burned.....maybe I should reconsider? There is no help from you.

Oh, and than you for your time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts