HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone remember the guide someone posted for installing a trigger return spring in 60 seconds? I tried looking for it using the search as well as a google search. I couldn't find it. Asking for a friend of mine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Anyone remember the guide someone posted for installing a trigger return spring in 60 seconds? I tried looking for it using the search as well as a good search. I couldn't find it. Asking for a friend of mine.
I have never seen a TRS guide. I just made sure the one leg went behind the trigger and pushed straight down with my needle nose pliers. I was just able to get one coil on my allen wrench (used it instead of a punch, could not find a 1/16 punch anywhere), so I then pushed the rest down with a screwdriver and slid the allen wrench the rest of the way over. Then pushed out the allen wrench from the other side with the trigger pin.

I would say about 60 seconds is all it took once I got the right pliers.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have never seen a TRS guide. I just made sure the one leg went behind the trigger and pushed straight down with my needle nose pliers. I was just able to get one coil on my allen wrench (used it instead of a punch, could not find a 1/16 punch anywhere), so I then pushed the rest down with a screwdriver and slid the allen wrench the rest of the way over. Then pushed out the allen wrench from the other side with the trigger pin.

I would say about 60 seconds is all it took once I got the right pliers.
That's the way I do it. Sears sells 1/16th Craftsman punches or you can order them from Mcmaster-Carr.

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
The first one I did was a few weeks ago. It helped to tape the trigger in the forward position. It took 10-15 minutes, including trying several different tools. I finally got it into place once I figured out how to hold it with my thick needlenose pliers.

The second one I did was last week. It took about 30 seconds, and I didn't use tape. I think using the long skinny type needlenose pliers would be very helpful, it would be a first try installation using them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts