HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hoping to hook a member who can reliably describe the differences in the Match trigger system as opposed to the Match/LEM Hybrid system...
Particularily in reset and esthetics. And hopefully from someone like Big Bore or Bender (two guys im pretty sure have experience with both).

My firearm is an AE (04) USP Tactical 40. I believe it has the 2piece catch and is able to be upgraded. Still have the factory Match trigger system installed. I like it, but it basically forces me to never shoot from the DA position. The reasoning for this is I do have smaller hands, and a shorter trigger finger, so DA is quite a stretch for me to engage the trigger smoothly/accurately/confidently with the weight it is at. I got the chance to dry fire a USPf40 w/ LEM installed and this made DA manipulation much easier.

I basically always shoot my USP from the Cocked & Locked (SA) position and have gotten fairly familiar with SA reset on my Match system.
Now as I understand it...
(1)The Match/LEM Hybrid always fires from the DA position correct?
(2)Trigger furthest forward position? Never from the SA standpoint?
(3)But overall travel weight is comparable to the Match triggers SA weight? Roughly 5lbs?

How does reset on the Hybrid compare to my short SA Match reset? Is there really much difference? Being that Match parts are actually used in this trigger system, does the Hybrid basically reset at or about where the SA standpoint would be on a Match trigger?

Also, if I were to decide to swap out, being that I have the Match parts already installed, what parts do I need exactly for the Hybrid "Light"? I know ive seen it here before but cant seem to track it down. From my understanding, since I have the Match, I only need to buy a few individual parts from the LEM kit correct?

I like the shorter length of trigger pull in SA, But I would like a more fluent/consistent/1 pull trigger system and would like to get rid of my control lever. Also having a hammer down sidearm results in many more holster options it seems..

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Im hoping to hook a member who can reliably describe the differences in the Match trigger system as opposed to the Match/LEM Hybrid system... Particularily in reset and esthetics. And hopefully from someone like Big Bore or Bender (two guys im pretty sure have experience with both).
Gee, thanks, that disqualifies the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee, thanks, that disqualifies the rest of us.
Haha! No pun intended. If you have experience with both please fill me in. Anyone who maybe swapped this into a pre-existing Tactical chime in. Is this Hybrid a big step over the Match? I know since I have the Match Trigger I can buy the Hybrid parts relatively cheap so its kinda up in the air for me. Just wondering if I really need it. My USP mainly gets used for Target shooting. But it is my go to firearm in case of need. Its my all around Vice basically. What do you suggest TooSixy?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts