HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a HK45c in yesterday, took it to the range and love the gun.

Thinking i'd like to get a lighter pull, I've handled the same gun with work done by Gray Guns and was very impressed, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for someone that does good work in or near the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I felt the same way you do when I first squeezed the trigger on my HK45C. Very long and hard to pull all the way through. I wanted so bad to send it off and have the trigger smoothed out and the pull lessened. I will tell you, now that I've had it for several months and have been routinely using snap-caps to get used to the trigger pull, I have no issue at all. I really believe that you just have to either shoot or use the snap-caps to truely get to know the trigger!

Check out this article by Bruce Grey...Zen and the art of hitting stuff : Grayguns by Bruce Gray

Save your money...at least for now, and see if just pulling the trigger over and over can help!:wink:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Understand but if you want the best you have to go to the best, and that's Grayguns!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
DA/SA, like your new HK45C, is indisputably the hardest trigger type to master and maintain skills. You're not forced into this trigger type. The HK45C V1 can be carried just like a M1911 in SA mode. Just depress the safety and pull the trigger for a 5 pound trigger every time.

The HK45C lever, though, doesn't match my thumb which has been tuned for several decades to the M1911 safety lock and there are reports of folks pushing the lever beyond Safe to Decock.

Rather than spend a couple hundred dollars on a still hard to master DA/SA trigger try Light LEM. A bit over 5 pound trigger weight every shot. No levers to get in the way or complicate the process. Kitchen table "gunsmithing" with the HK parts kit.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Appreciate the responses. I guess it really only makes practical sense to see if I can acclimate to the gun before I commit to a high dollar trigger. The gun I handled with the gray gun work was very nice, seemed to remind me of a 1911 trigger, guess I was hoping I could replicate it somehow locally for a fraction of the price.

Franlky I'm so pleased with my new gun, shouldn't be a problem putting in the time with it and maybe down the road I'll take the plunge if I still think it necessary.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts