HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a USP45 that has been to Robar for some mods. The slide has been finished in Roguard black and the barrel, internals and slide release have been NP3d. While the gun was there the owner had the "unsightly wings in front of the magazine release" removed. Other than preventing unintentional release of the magazine, what purpose do they serve? Is the triggerguard weak there? The gun is a KF date code and appears to be in great shape (although a re-finish tends to cover up any abuse the gun has been through). Has anyone else done this mod and if so have there been any bad after-effects? Thanks

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The biggest reason is to prevent accidental magazine release.... I dont think the flared trigger gaurd is ugly at all, i would usually recommend against doing such modifications, although its not going to affect safety that much, if at all.

Cant say i've seen it dont before tho ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics please...
Sorry but the only pics I have don't really show the triggerguard up close. Thats why I'm kind of leery about it. The owner said that Robar stippled the triggerguard after the modification.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Too bad!

The shape of the trigger guard on USP's is only one small part that adds to the over all beauty of these HKs.

One opinion-

ARKAY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts