HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full size USP 9mm which has the match trigger installed and it is a real nice pistol with a real nice trigger. Now I am wondering if anything can be done to the HK USP compact 9 to make the trigger better?

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
LEM or you can install a match kit with the spurred match hammer instead of the compact's bobbed hammer. However the trigger will not work in the compact. You can drill/tap the current trigger if you wish an over-travel screw. Look up TooSixy's tutorials to see what parts you would need and if better off with the kit or parts alone from HK themselves.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've done both full sized and Compact. I prefer Match grade because I take out the safety and decock it for carry.

It's very subjective.

Match decocked, first a long heavy trigger pull followed by light ones till you decock it again. Decocked is not bad but it's long and about 12 lbs I think, smooth though.

LEM Same pull all the way, feels close to the singe action on a Match, not quite as nice in my book but so close it's not much of a factor.

Just depends on what you like, I hate safeties and the first shot decocked acts as my safety which is missing from the LEM.

That said, by a large amount over the years the LEM has taken over compared to the match for most HK USP people. I don't see many going for the Match anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts