HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just completed an install of Trijicon HD XR on my P30SK. Initially, when I received my P30SK from HK I noticed that my front NS was slightly off to the left. I contemplated sending the slide to TooSixy, but decided to acquire an MGW RangeMaster from Brownells, and some new Trijicons.

Thought about just buying the front sight from Trijicon, but the rep advised my POA/POI would be off due to the sight heights.

Sight removal was no problem. Only had to switch the pusher between the straight and 30 deg bevel options for either front or rear sights.

Front install was simple. Then, I wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong with the rear install, but after verifying and pushing through, the sight went on without an issue. For the rear sight, the 30 deg pusher didn’t appear to push enough surface area of the sight. But after it was all said and done, no major dents, dings or etc. on the sight. Any one else have thoughts on the rear sight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thoughts on the rear sight?

Well it looks like a rear sight. That’s about it.

Just because it is mechanically centered on the slide doesn’t mean that POA=POI. Every barrel and every type of ammunition will be laws unto themselves. The only way to find out if it shoots to the sights is to go shoot it, and you’ll need to shoot it at about 20-25 yards to get an idea if it is actually zeroed for your chosen ammo. I am always amused by guys who get all axle wrapped about a sight needing to be drifted or adjusted in order to get POA=POI, some will go to hilariously stupid lengths to adjust themselves so they don’t have to adjust the gun.

If you cannot shoot groups at that kind of distance then your sighting change is moot, you don’t need a very good zero to hit a target 5 yards away. If however you can shoot groups at 25 yards and they’re consistent, and not where they need to be, then you’ll have to drift your rear sight.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
that is a great looking sight, i would get many sets, but their expensive, and can only afford 1-2 a year.

taxes suck where we are, really bad, we almost 20K for property taxes where we are at, that is the entire wifes yearly income almost.

were looking to move soon, as this taxes is just robbery, and like all property tax and income tax, is pure extortion to the american people. saddens me immensely !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rep probably assumed I had been shooting with my original sights, and that introducing a different sight with a different height would alter my POA.

My original intent was installing Trijicon fronts with my rear NS. I opted for replacing both with the discount I got.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The XR sights are much taller than factory sights. You would have shot about six to eight inches low at 25 if you had only installed a front.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just completed an install of Trijicon HD XR on my P30SK. Initially, when I received my P30SK from HK I noticed that my front NS was slightly off to the left. I contemplated sending the slide to TooSixy, but decided to acquire an MGW RangeMaster from Brownells, and some new Trijicons.

Thought about just buying the front sight from Trijicon, but the rep advised my POA/POI would be off due to the sight heights.

Sight removal was no problem. Only had to switch the pusher between the straight and 30 deg bevel options for either front or rear sights.

Front install was simple. Then, I wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong with the rear install, but after verifying and pushing through, the sight went on without an issue. For the rear sight, the 30 deg pusher didn’t appear to push enough surface area of the sight. But after it was all said and done, no major dents, dings or etc. on the sight. Any one else have thoughts on the rear sight?

I can't speak to your patterning but I can congratulate you on buying the MGW tool! Mine says pro in it somewhere and takes specific "shoes" for each different slide but can be used without them. I only got that model because Brownell's had them on an almost $100 off sale quite a few years ago...
You will be so happy having the ability to tweak practically every handgun you have to minute of your own selection. Like the other gentleman said, every gun.. every type of ammo may all hit differently especially when you are getting out to 40-50 yards. I regularly shoot a 15 yard "C-Zone" steel target at 27-50 yards depending on the day. With my Mark 23 and the carbine like sight radius I can do head shots from 27-40 yards most of the time and the sights pretty much cover the head at that distance. I can not do that fast but it's really good practice to get your grip, sight alignment and trigger pull better.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Curious how those work out on 2" dots from 5, 10, 25, 35, 50 yards in terms of POA/POI. The Trijicon HDs have the distinction of being resold the fastest by me. They just did not work out for me on a P30.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts