HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a set for my P2000. I will be carrying it AIWB. I have heard the HD rear sight is pretty sharp and can be uncomfortable. Have those who use them found this to be the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
They're like having razor blades on top of your pistol. I replaced my factory Walther PPS sights with the HDs I regret it. They're expensive and extremely sharp. At least the ones for the PPS are sharp.

I love the sight picture, but its not worth the pain.

You had better have a full shield holster to carry these AIWB.

·
Super Moderator
6,047 Posts
You can file or sand them, then paint or sharpie them. Same as you would debur anything else. They are sharp, but there's options out there to fix it.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I agree, but one would think that a top shelf company like Trijicon would at least take the sharp edges and corners off. You could shave with these things.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I agree, but one would think that a top shelf company like Trijicon would at least take the sharp edges and corners off. You could shave with these things.
I have cut my forearm twice now with the gun holstered. I am waiting on an return authorization number to send my slide in to see if they can smooth the edges on the sights.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah the sharp edges suck. I've been carrying handgun with them for years, filed, sanded them and still a pain.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have them on a couple guns. They're not only sharp, but they're set further back. That means even if you have a sweat shield on your holster, they can still bite you. Great sight picture though.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Thread title caught my eye since I put a set of Trijicon Green (not HD) on a USP Compact a year ago. The square edges have not been broken, but are not very sharp either.
I thought about getting the HD version, but decided against it since I could not find a pair to inspect first hand.
Sucks the HD has those sharp edges!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm going to go at mine with a file again. I was not aggressive enough when I first installed the sights but now since the newness has worn off I'm going to give the edges a proper rounding off.

·
Registered
974 Posts
On the P2000, the HD's are great because the sight is slightly forward of the rear of the slide. I love the HD's on the P2000 and USP series. I do not like them on the VP9/HK45/P30 series guns for that reason.

I carry my P2000 AIWB as my normal EDC and the sights are great.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
All my HDs are freaking sharp, until Trijicon revises a bit, I've gone with TruGlo...shouldn't have to file a premium product IMO

·
Registered
256 Posts
On the P2000, the HD's are great because the sight is slightly forward of the rear of the slide. I love the HD's on the P2000 and USP series. I do not like them on the VP9/HK45/P30 series guns for that reason.

I carry my P2000 AIWB as my normal EDC and the sights are great.
That's an interesting point. I have HDs on a GLOCK, and they are all the way rearward. Even though my Incog holster has a full sweat guard, the sight is so far back that it still manages to bite me a bit.

BTW: I just saw announced the HD XR sights, which will have a slightly thinner front blade. Too bad they don't also incorporate some dehorning.

·
Registered
688 Posts
MEPROLIGHTS don't have the issue. No need to file anything for installation or carry. POA>POI isn't an issue, either. I've used one set of TRIJICON and said never again.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
MEPROLIGHTS don't have the issue. No need to file anything for installation or carry. POA>POI isn't an issue, either. I've used one set of TRIJICON and said never again.
Come to think of it, I have original Meps from a VP9 I put HDs on, think I'll change back. The more I use the Meps the more I like them (on another VP9 LE and HK45 I have)

·
Registered
422 Posts
The rear HD sight on my VP9 is so sharp, I use it as a box cutter. :)

Kidding (sort of). Mine are so bad, I had to knock the edges off with a file and emery paper. I really would think twice about using these on a carry gun AIWB or IWB without a full slide guard. They are very stabby.

The two sharpest areas for me were here:

And here:

These were taken after I worked on them a bit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have them on both my 40 and 9 P2000, carry both AIWB and OWB @3....haven't noticed any problem.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I was thinking about getting a set for my P2000. I will be carrying it AIWB. I have heard the HD rear sight is pretty sharp and can be uncomfortable. Have those who use them found this to be the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With regard to your original post, I think you get the idea that most of us agree that they are TOO SHARP!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
All my HKs have Meps on them, but I have a Glock 19 that has HDs. That sharp corner will dig into your skin unless the holster has a high guard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts