HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent an email to Trijicon to ask about availability of HD sights for H&Ks, mostly to be another blip on the radar to encourage them to get on it. This is the response I received:

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your interest in Trijicon products. There have been a number of requests such as yours and it is currently under consideration. We will add your message to our list of requested products and keep checking our website for new products/information as it comes online. Please contact us if we can assist in another capacity.

So, it sounds like its not a sure thing but they're thinking about it. Probably wouldn't hurt if any of you are interested to shoot an email over. You can do so here: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/contact/index.php

·
Registered
353 Posts
If H&K would standardize their dovetail cuts we could have had more sight options years ago.
USP is different than the P2000 which has a different cut than the P30...
Ridiculous number of variations and none of the guns were sold in huge numbers.
A standardized cut would have given the sight makers access to a larger customer base with only adjustments to sight height to worry about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
tag for interest,i like the HDs they look like good tough sights to me. a buddy has some on his carry gun and he seems to like them a lot

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
As soon as I can go with the HD's for my Hk's I will. HD's are the best combat sight there is in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
...So, it sounds like its not a sure thing but they're thinking about it. ...
My guess a company like Trijicon will make a decision on a new product like this when they have orders from their distributors, which is not the individual gun owner.
These distributors order a thousand plus of this product at a time.
So ask your FFL to place a order with their distributors.

HK's are a PITA when it comes to the sights. Not only the problem that the dovetail cuts are all different, the fitting is very time consuming.
For what time it takes me for one HK sights I properly can install 10 Glock sights!
On the other side, I never seen a HK sight fall off, with Glock's loosing the front sight is common.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I read on another forum that a person installing HDs broke the front sight as it is made of polymer/plastic. Is this true? I like the HD sight profile very much but for what they cost they should be all metal. Bill

·
Registered
51 Posts
I read on another forum that a person installing HDs broke the front sight as it is made of polymer/plastic. Is this true? I like the HD sight profile very much but for what they cost they should be all metal. Bill
That poster is a hoaxer! :36:

I just checked the front and rear HD's I installed with a brass punch on my Sig 228, and they are definitely metal.

The HD's give me faster target acquisition than any other sight I've used. I'm no expert, but I have more than a dozen pistols with many different sight orientations, including vertical (dot on dot or bar) and horizontal (three dot) .

I hope Trijicon releases HD's for my P2000SK sometime soon.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just do what i did. I got my gunsmith, a licensed Trijicon Armoror, to pop out the white rear rings and coat them in a black epoxy. Now, the rear sights are black, with unobstructed tritium vials, and the front sight is white.

though if Trijicon made sights for the USP line, I would definitely purchase a set.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another person interested in HD sights for USP's. Anybody in the know have any idea if they are working on P30/HK45 sights only, or could some USP sights show up also?

·
Registered
794 Posts
That poster is a hoaxer! :36:

I just checked the front and rear HD's I installed with a brass punch on my Sig 228, and they are definitely metal.

The HD's give me faster target acquisition than any other sight I've used. I'm no expert, but I have more than a dozen pistols with many different sight orientations, including vertical (dot on dot or bar) and horizontal (three dot) .

I hope Trijicon releases HD's for my P2000SK sometime soon.
Thanks etheb for the quick and correct information. I held and sighted with a HD eauipped SIG 229 at last years NRA Convention and they really impressed me. If Trijicon does make them for HK I will try a set. Bill

·
Registered
253 Posts
Here is the e-mail I just recieved from Trijicon:

Dear Terry,

Thank you for your inquiry. Currently, we have no plans to manufacture those sights however; we will add your request to the customer request list for future products. If we can assist you further please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Dawn Kibler | Customer Service Representative

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just do what i did. I got my gunsmith, a licensed Trijicon Armoror, to pop out the white rear rings and coat them in a black epoxy. Now, the rear sights are black, with unobstructed tritium vials, and the front sight is white.

though if Trijicon made sights for the USP line, I would definitely purchase a set.
Or just hit them with a black Sharpie marker and then quickly wipe the crystal with a paper towel.
The marker stays on the rings and wipes off the vial.
Done... cheap.
Only works on Trijicons, does not work on Meps.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Take them off the gun, put them in a vice and use a file to grove/serrate the sight horizontally. Then use cold blue to blacken the sight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mixed messages from Trijicon. I just spoke to a rep by phone last week about another issue, and while I had him on the line asked about the possibility of HDs for HKs. He stated they were in the works, at least for USPs, at the request of a large Federal agency that carries the pistol, (he would not say who but I'm assuming Boarder Patrol?). He advised to keep checking the website.

And yes, the HDs are all steel front and rear. And they make it all but impossible to not foucs on the front sight, especially in yellow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts