HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pushed the rear sight out of my usp 40 a no prob, but the trijicon rear sight just slid right in. It never bound up so I could tap it in. It was a perfect fit, which is no good, as it would fall out easily.

is it the wrong one? or is there a shim or something I can put in there?I have not even messed with the front.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmm.. Make sure you got the right part number... I had to file down my meprolights quite a bit to get them to go in.

You could always glue it in - but you shouldn't have to rely on that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem with a set of Ameriglo sights which is made by Trijicon if I remember correctly, the sights were cut to narrow so they just slid from side to side. I sent them back for a full refund and got a set of Mepro's which I'm told is a factory replacement for HK, they were a perfect fit. If you can't send them back, try using locktite as my local gunsmith said it should work, as long as you let the sight sit for a fews hours to cure.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Even Mepro's do the same thing.

When I bought my P2KSK with factory NS, I went out to the range and the rear sight slid right out. The smith at the LGS said that they punch the flange to make a dimple and flare it out so that it becomes an interference fit--even on the factory ones.

They replaced my P2KSK with a new one on the spot, as they said it could be weeks before I ever saw it back from HK CS. So, they did right by me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had good luck with the fit and wonderful sight picture with the Heinie straight eight night sights. The fit was great with plenty of tension to hold them in place without having to really pound them in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts