HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody checked out the sights from Trijicon?

I'm intrigued because currently I'm not to fond of my Heinie sights, however I don't want to make another expensive mistake by purchasing these.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
looks aside, which meh...., I think the OP's question is directed at how effective or usable the sights are?

for the record, I have no idea how well they preform....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks aside, which meh...., I think the OP's question is directed at how effective or usable the sights are?

for the record, I have no idea how well they preform....
Correct I'm more concerned about performance. The Heinie Sights are great but per their website,they're sighted in at 20 yards. I'm having a hard time compensating/correcting for the close range shots. My the grouping is about 3-4" off. Hell maybe I'm a terrible shot, but my other non suppressor height trijicon were spot on.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Factory HK sights are zeroed at 25 meters no? Seems like that would be even worse if the zero was your problem.

As for those sights, they look kinda goofy but I think I'd like them more than Heinies. 3 dot >>> straight 8 IMO. 8 doesn't give you positive elevation reference in the dark. 3-dot, you line them up in a row evenly spaced and you're on target.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Factory HK sights are zeroed at 25 meters no? Seems like that would be even worse if the zero was your problem.

As for those sights, they look kinda goofy but I think I'd like them more than Heinies. 3 dot >>> straight 8 IMO. 8 doesn't give you positive elevation reference in the dark. 3-dot, you line them up in a row evenly spaced and you're on target.
Maybe that is my problem. I've always been used to the 3 dot system. Agreed they do look silly. But given the consensus I think the problem is with me not giving them a chance and adapting to the different style.

Thank you all for the input.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Are you shooting suppressed? if so, you may have a point of aim/point of impact shift. what direction are you 3-4" off? Mind you, I'm not a suppressor expert in any fashion.

Also, as you're a new member and I don't know you, I'm going to ask what may be silly questions. Have you shot HK handguns before, as they are sighted slightly different than many other handguns. As mentioned above, they are factory sighted at 25m, and the sighting style is hold/cover, meaning the point of impact is directly behind the front sight post, not just above (pumpkin & post, or lollipop) the front sight post as many/most other guns here in the states are sighted. I bring this up because, with a handgun you really shouldn't have that much variance within handgun range/distance...

just a couple thoughts, good luck...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am new. This is my first HK. I did have to adjust to the gun when I first got it.

I am shooting suppressed with the Heinie sights. The shots are shooting below my intended target.

With the regular height sights I'm dead on. But with heinie I'm just shooting low. I think I just me not adapting to the different type of sights.

I probably just need more practice with them, but I wish there were more aftermarket sights and adjustability. Similar to the ones not currently shipped into the US. I think they were the LPAs.

The other info was very insightful thanks for putting that out there for me.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Slightly off topic, but is there any reason these wouldn't fit the full sized HK45?

Trijicon's site says "Fits H&K Models .45C, .45C Tactical, P30, P30L, P30SK, VP9." No mention of the straight 45.

I have a set of Heinies on my HK45 and while they are very well built, shooting with them just feels weird after shooting 3 dots my whole life. I realize it's largely a personal preference thing, but I wouldn't mind the chucky Trijicons if it meant getting a 3 dot sight picture again.

(First post here as well, long time lurker. This site is so immensely informative I decided to buy a membership.)

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I went ahead and took the plunge. I needed Suppressor-height nights sights for my VP9, and I prefer 3 dot sights, so I bought them and had them installed today.

The sight picture works just like regular HK sights; line up the three dots, cover the target with the center dot.

I don't find them unsightly, though I am a "function over form" kind of person.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
Revolver
Technology Electronic device Finger Wrist
Gun Airsoft gun Airsoft

1 - 12 of 12 Posts