HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I wanted to know...

How do these two quality suppressors compare side by side? Specifically typical performance and dimensions.

I know Larry and Mark are both great guys (so that needs not be said).

Thanks for your time and valuable knowledge,

John

·
Registered
691 Posts
There is a guy who uses the same C3 dealer I do who had a CCF Impuls 45 suppressor. He was very underwhelmed by it and eventually sold it to help fund an SWR HEMS2.

I think the CCF suppressor is an interesting idea, but if you're spending the coin for a 45 suppressor, do yourself a favor and buy the HEMS2.....it is a fantastic 45 can. And this is coming from a guy who generally doesn't really like 45 cans.

·
Registered
93 Posts
having previously dealt with Gemtech from a dealers perspective I would seriously consider them as well. Great products and customer service.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys.

Only problem with the Gemtech, I'm fairly well decided on a boostered can.

The HEMS2 looks promising but it is more than I wanted to spend.

I had crossed the ImpulsIIa out in the begining due to cost, price has dropped down into a range I'm willing spend now. (I.E. below $600) So i'm really just trying to decide between the two.

Thanks again guys for the replies.

Anyone own or have used frequently both the Diplomat and Impuls?

-John

·
Registered
224 Posts
The best I can do for you is the TROS vs. Gem Blackside.

The TROS has a booster and the blackside does not. Both functioned perfectly on my Tac.

Between the two, the blackside was quieter wet and dry. I was shooting at night and I had flame coming out of the diplomat but not the blackside.

Here are some pics of the two.

So for those who know, which is better out of blackside and the impulse?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have to reconsider the Blackside...
The Tros looks crazy long.
Thanks for the pictures gunut45.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'll put it to you this way, Kel (VP of Gemtech) is personally trying to get me a booster to put on my can since he doesn't particularly like the fact that I'm vocal on several websites about the Blackside being a 100 round max can. Any more and it becomes the most unreliable weapon system on the planet.

Do yourself a favor, get the HEMS-II or a KAC or an AAC Evo-45. Those are the only 3 cans I would purchase for a .45, and in retrospect, I should have just paid a little more money and gotten a higher quality suppressor that is more reliable and sounds quieter. I can't help you with the comparison between the TROS and the CCF, but I've compared my Blackside to the other 3 cans I mentioned and it doesn't compare.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll put it to you this way, Kel (VP of Gemtech) is personally trying to get me a booster to put on my can since he doesn't particularly like the fact that I'm vocal on several websites about the Blackside being a 100 round max can. Any more and it becomes the most unreliable weapon system on the planet.

Do yourself a favor, get the HEMS-II or a KAC or an AAC Evo-45. Those are the only 3 cans I would purchase for a .45, and in retrospect, I should have just paid a little more money and gotten a higher quality suppressor that is more reliable and sounds quieter. I can't help you with the comparison between the TROS and the CCF, but I've compared my Blackside to the other 3 cans I mentioned and it doesn't compare.

Really? I have not heard of any issues with them. Out of the ones you have, which suppress better?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm surprised you have not heard about them. I have posted several times on here as well as a silencer related forum and a couple ar-15 related forums. The KAC offers the best suppression, but you certainly pay for it. It is several hundred dollars more expensive than either the AAC or the SWR. I personally like the SWR as it sounded a little quieter to my ear but that may just be a difference in tone. Either the SWR or AAC will do very well for you, but I have certainly heard more problems with the Blackside than people praising it. One person I know can't even get through a magazine without it jamming, even when clean and well lubed. On the other hand a couple people have reported great reliability, but I can only count them on one hand.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm surprised you have not heard about them. I have posted several times on here as well as a silencer related forum and a couple ar-15 related forums. The KAC offers the best suppression, but you certainly pay for it. It is several hundred dollars more expensive than either the AAC or the SWR. I personally like the SWR as it sounded a little quieter to my ear but that may just be a difference in tone. Either the SWR or AAC will do very well for you, but I have certainly heard more problems with the Blackside than people praising it. One person I know can't even get through a magazine without it jamming, even when clean and well lubed. On the other hand a couple people have reported great reliability, but I can only count them on one hand.
I will definitely be looking to SWR then! How much do they retail for?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have two CCF/Swiss Impulse II's. I bought them 7-8 years ago. One for a MK23 and one for an EXPERT. They both are beautiful and work flawlessly. They have a shiney finish like the SOCOM and are very quiet. No timing or any of that crap. Screw them on and shoot. My AWC for my MP5 is MM compared to CCF. These are the most professional looking machinework I've seen since my AUTOMAG .44 Pasadena. None of those silly washers inside. These have CNC machined baffles. All I ever do is put them in a gallon of WD40 for a couple of days and blow the crap out of them. They look as perfect as the day I opened the box. I have shot them indoors at Scottsdale Gun Club and people are always wondering what they are and if I have a .22 kit in my .45 HKs. I am by no means an expert on supressors, but these are probably the most satisfying and trouble free gun accessories I've ever purchased.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts