HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on another thread that Troy Industries is making a rail system for the G33, so with some research, I found they are also making a receiver rail/forend for the G3 as well. Does anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm thinking this is a SHOT Show product release b/c of the timing of the product being introduced on their website. If true, then I wouldn't expect any actual user feedback for quite some time.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I ordered one for my MP5 today and they gave me an estimated shipping date within 4-6 weeks. I'll post a review when it arrives and if it works out I'll probably order another for my 33K. This it the first rail/optics mount for the HK family that I liked the looks of, so I hope the function follows the form.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A follow up to the G3 rail thread post; called Troy Industries, and they said they do not have an estimated ship date, as they are just starting production. Since this is holding up my build, I went with the HKParts tactical rail, and will weld on the receiver rail. The price is about the same, but I want to get moving on my build. If at a later date I build another G3, I'll consider this rail system, as it should be available then.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Troy Industries makes some good stuff. A bit too good. They copy other manufacturers designs so well, they got banged in court for copyright infringements. No need to worry about quality... plus I know the guy. He is/was a member of my gun club.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts