HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just tried to order the 33 rail and I can't. Either vaporware at the moment or?... Other side note is in the main ad for the 33 rail it says $239, then when you click buy now the price says $179:100000: You think I can pick which price Id like to pay? :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
"Nutnfancy" on youtube just posted a booth review with Troy. They show the HK rails right at the end of the video just for a bit. They said they'll give a 10% discount with code "nutnancy" on the Troy website. I'm looking at the handguard for my PTR 91 GI. I like that it fits with the factory mounting hardware - the push pin I'm assuming. I love the PTR aluminum handguard on my 91F but I don't like needing an allen wrench to remove it.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I am going with the PTR guard and a claw for my 93 build

·
Banned
879 Posts
******* fugly.

I'll stick with B&T or PTR kit thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't comment on those rails but I have had TRX rails on an AR I built. Straight up junk. The aluminum was quite flimsy. Actually split were it connected to the barrel nut. Had some rail covers also. The cheesy plastic clips that hold them on broke first time I tried to take them off

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have had great success with these on my AR builds. I am currently running 2 AR's with these rails and they have improved significantly. All the backing plates for the rails are now aluminum and seat perfectly, the rail is super slim and affords a great purchase on the forend, and the lock up is super tight with no play at all, and they are super light compared to other rails I have used in the past. For a slim rail it does not transfer heat to the shooter's hands as one might think.

Just my 2 cents. I know they make these for the MR556 as well now and they have been recieved well in the shooting community from what I have read.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
"Nutnfancy" on youtube just posted a booth review with Troy. They show the HK rails right at the end of the video just for a bit. They said they'll give a 10% discount with code "nutnancy" on the Troy website. I'm looking at the handguard for my PTR 91 GI. I like that it fits with the factory mounting hardware - the push pin I'm assuming. I love the PTR aluminum handguard on my 91F but I don't like needing an allen wrench to remove it.
If you drill a recessed hole on the side where the threads come out,you can use the regular push pin instead. I have already done it bro. You have to drill a little bit at a time until the slittle spring clip locks in. Easy as pie.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.