HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a USP C 40 as a truck gun and have been looking for off-body holster solutions (it stays in the truck). I bought a Vertx tactimolle holster and put some velcro in my center console which would've been awesome, except the holster shape is odd so it falls and then slides around in the console... The best solution I've eyed so far is probably the Aliengear velcro holster with a large flat area that sticks to velcro. Anyone have a better solution?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those magnets that can be attached to some spot under the steering wheel are a great option. Without a holster to fiddle with, deployment is very quick. However I wouldn't leave any firearm in my vehicle unattended. There's a huge uptick in gun thefts out of vehicles.
Yeah, I was trying to keep it out of sight at all times, but ideal option would probably be some sort of vehicle safe. Just too pricey of an option for the time being. For some of the newer vehicles, there's a company that makes locking safes that replace the top section of the center console which is pretty awesome. Not offered for mine though.

·
Priest of the P7
5,246 Posts
Tuffy makes a lot of locking products for vehicles that are pretty bomber. A thief would need a lot of time and probably a torch to get in. If you're going to leave a gun in a vehicle in an area with any crime to speak of, you should really invest in something along those lines.

My rural AO has no crime to speak of, but it's still a good idea and I still use them.

Although some would argue that leaving a gun in a vehicle is always irresponsible since a thief could just take the whole vehicle. But GTA and a smash and grab are two vastly different levels of commitment, and imo you have to weigh probabilities and consequences. For me, the security of having a long gun locked up in my vehicle is more important than the outlier chance that my vehicle might be stolen.

Reactions: wdritchey

·
Registered
147 Posts
G-Code RTI Vehicle mount with a left hand holster. I have one holster each for the compact and a full size. Depending upon circumstances and security, I will remove the entire RTI panel, just the holster, or the holster and firearm when leaving the vehicle.

Reactions: wdritchey

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I have a USP C 40 as a truck gun and have been looking for off-body holster solutions (it stays in the truck). Anyone have a better solution?
Yeah, the cop in me has a much better solution. Carry it yourself. Leaving a weapon in a vehicle is just asking to have it stolen and puts another illegal weapon in the hands of a potential killer. Sorry to be brutal but leaving a weapon in an unattended vehicle is simply irresponsible.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I found an unloved left handed (I'm right handed) leather holster with retention strap in a parts box at a gun shop at some point for a few dollars. A couple of screws and washers and it sits right at knee level. The only real drawback is that it's not hidden, and it's quite visible. I have draped a interior matching towel over it from time to time, because it may invite break in or scrutiny even if it's just an empty holster.

The nice thing is that the gun is extremely well secured, so in the event of an accident it stays put. Also it's very easy and fast to reach.

Another product is the powerful magnets, which I've considered.

Instead of screws there's probably velcro or adhesives that could be used.

Having been robbed of handguns from my car in the past, I would never again leave an unattended gun in the car.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I use this from Dara Holsters in my Jeep. Has a QD clamp that attaches to seat frame. I hang a hat over it if I leave it in the car, which is rare. Thinking I may have my wife sew another piece of multicam on there as sort of a cover that I can tuck behind the holster when driving.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G-Code RTI Vehicle mount with a left hand holster. I have one holster each for the compact and a full size. Depending upon circumstances and security, I will remove the entire RTI panel, just the holster, or the holster and firearm when leaving the vehicle.
So this was the most appealing option to me, except G-Code only makes a holster for the HK USP and the HK USP 45. They don't have a holster for the standard USP C 40. I'm not sure how different they all are. If I could get a holster for it, I'd do this setup.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So this was the most appealing option to me, except G-Code only makes a holster for the HK USP and the HK USP 45. They don't have a holster for the standard USP C 40. I'm not sure how different they all are. If I could get a holster for it, I'd do this setup.
You don't just have to use a G-Code holster. G Code sells RTI adapters including a universal one for Safariland, Bladetech and Serpa. KT Mech and others make holsters with Safariland and other holster mount patterns. I used G-Code because I had the holsters.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't just have to use a G-Code holster. G Code sells RTI adapters including a universal one for Safariland, Bladetech and Serpa. KT Mech and others make holsters with Safariland and other holster mount patterns. I used G-Code because I had the holsters.
I reached out to their customer support and you think they would've mentioned this. That's good info. Apparently safariland has a sale going on, so I'll have to pick something up!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So that’s how nice pistols end up in criminal hands.
Do you know of any affordable in-vehicle safe options? Hornady has one for relatively quick drawing from and has a cable that goes around the seat mount, but they're $300. I've been fortunate enough to never have my vehicles broken into before, and now live out in the country with no one around. But if I'm not carrying and go through the city, I like knowing that I have something in the truck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Do you know of any affordable in-vehicle safe options? Hornady has one for relatively quick drawing from and has a cable that goes around the seat mount, but they're $300. I've been fortunate enough to never have my vehicles broken into before, and now live out in the country with no one around. But if I'm not carrying and go through the city, I like knowing that I have something in the truck.
You’d be surprised what goes on out in the country and who snopes around your property at any given hour. I would do as previously suggested and carry it on your person.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use this from Dara Holsters in my Jeep. Has a QD clamp that attaches to seat frame. I hang a hat over it if I leave it in the car, which is rare. Thinking I may have my wife sew another piece of multicam on there as sort of a cover that I can tuck behind the holster when driving.
View attachment 293439
Nice setup. Easy to reach without reaching forward too much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts