HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I purchased some TruGlo TFO sights from another member and slipped them onto my USP 45f.

I've only shot the gun twice since these have been installed. I shot in daylight and low light situations and they performed as promised! I also liked the Green front and Yellow rear sights.

Oh, please excuse the fuzzy photos - photography isn't really my thing, but I thought you might enjoy the photos.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Verrrry nice... I´d love to see these on my P2kSK :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow those look bright. how's it compare to tritium in low light?
In daylight they are like spot lights. In low light conditions they are as bright as the Tritiums on my Kimber 1911.

I keep reading about how you have to be careful using solvent around these, but they're all posts from folks who heard that from a friend of a friend. I'm usually very careful when I clean my guns, and quite frankly, there's not a lot of reasons for getting solvent on top of your slide anyway, so I'm not super concerned.

My Tritiums, I think, came with a 10 year guarantee. The TruGlo only has a 90 guarantee - if I was concerned about anything, it would be that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes they are very nice. I have had them on my USP .40 for about a year now and are great. Good job with the green/yellow combo.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have those on my Sig 226 and really like them. I did have the front sight break on me. The tube in the front sight flew out when the slide recoiled once. A little superglue has fixed it for now until I replace it. I do with the warranty was longer..... But for an all purpose sight they are great.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Gee, those look familar ....and nice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
QCATrader, how easy was the install? Looking at putting a set of these on a Glock and wondered if there was anything you encountered in installing these that you wished you had known prior. They look pretty good to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QCATrader, how easy was the install? Looking at putting a set of these on a Glock and wondered if there was anything you encountered in installing these that you wished you had known prior. They look pretty good to me.

I'm not one that likes taking a hammer and brass punch to my gun, but thought I'd give it a try. It was easier than I thought it would be - took perhaps 10 minutes, start to finish. Just make certain you're knocking them out in the proper direction.

Oh, make sure you have a good vise and put some protection between the jaws of the vise and your slide. I just used two paint stirring sticks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That seems like it could be a problem ;)

As far as you know, was that a freak occurance or a design flaw?
No clue. This is the only set that I have. I just happened to be looking over at my wife while she was shooting it and saw something fly back when the slide recoiled. I picked it up and we glued it back on. So far so good.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I lost an Aro-Tek front sight off my Glock 34 9mm while shooting in one of their Glock Sport Competitions. I think it was probably partly my fault as I was new to installing sights and likely overtightened the set screw. I liked the fiber optic front sight, it was a real benefit for day shooting, you can acquire it so much faster than a standard black sight or white dot. I have looked at the TFO myself, they seem to be the best of both worlds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts