HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scored a used unfired VP9 for $495 out the door.
Good score?
I'm Glock 17 Gen4 guy, that will still remain my carry piece.
Had the V3 and LEM P30's for a time and didn't care for the triggers.

Guy who sold it to my dealer was in dumping a new Beretta 92A1, unfired, (w/ 3-17rd mags)he got $400 for it. Ouch......

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, don't know the guys deal. The VP9 was sold back to the shop a few weeks ago.
Dealer said he does this all the time.
Loved the P30's and was very accurate with them.
I'll see how this trigger works out for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
For me, P30>VP9>G17...it's worth the few dollars more to me to get a superior firearm out of the box rather than spend the several hundred dollars difference upgrading a Glock to try and get it to feel (hand, trigger, etc) as good as a factory VP9 or P30. You'll end up spending the same amount of money in the end anyway.

If you want to do that, to each their own, but it just didn't make sense for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me, P30>VP9>G17...it's worth the few dollars more to me to get a superior firearm out of the box rather than spend the several hundred dollars difference upgrading a Glock to try and get it to feel (hand, trigger, etc) as good as a factory VP9 or P30. You'll end up spending the same amount of money in the end anyway.

If you want to do that, to each their own, but it just didn't make sense for me.
I'm a Glock guy, been carrying one for a long time, about 12 years now.
It does what I need it to do, shoot true and straight and as fast as I need it to when I need it to.
Never felt the need to upgrade them to improve them. Well, I do put Trijicon HD sights on my Glocks.
I have tried ZEV triggers. More out of curiosity as to what it offered over stock Glock triggers.
Still have one in the packaging collecting dust after using it for about 500 rds. Stock trigger works fine for me.
After thousands upon thousands of rounds through Glocks, you kinda get use to the trigger, especially after the first couple thousand rounds on a new Glock. Every firearm is like that though.
I'll most likely keep carrying the Glock for a long time. I'd need about 500-1000 rounds out of the VP9 to determine if it's gonna stay around and have a chance to be a daily carry gun.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Scored a used unfired VP9 for $495 out the door.
Good score?
I'm Glock 17 Gen4 guy, that will still remain my carry piece.
Had the V3 and LEM P30's for a time and didn't care for the triggers.

Guy who sold it to my dealer was in dumping a new Beretta 92A1, unfired, (w/ 3-17rd mags)he got $400 for it. Ouch......
sounds like a great deal if it has night sights and 3 mags. still a good deal if only two mags and standard sights. congrats

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 mags and it has the awesomely fantabulous HK luminescent sights.
Looking at Trijicon HD's or trying something different, maybe the Heinie Ledge, not to familiar with the EZ Lock set up though.
Gonna have to look at reviews.

·
Registered
41 Posts
2 mags and it has the awesomely fantabulous HK luminescent sights.
Looking at Trijicon HD's or trying something different, maybe the Heinie Ledge, not to familiar with the EZ Lock set up though.
Gonna have to look at reviews.
My first VP9 is the LE version with excellent night sights. I just received my second one which came with luminescent sights since I don't plan to carry it. After one trip to the range I can tell you that I like the luminescent sights for daylight shooting more than I do the night sights. They give me a superb sight picture.

OP, I have a set of Trijicon HDs on a Walther that I use some for carry and they are very good. Mine has the big orange front sight that is also excellent for daylight shooting. And daylight is when I do almost all my shooting. You might want to give the HK luminescent sights a chance before changing them out. Unless you need night sights the luminescent ones may do the job for you.

Good luck with you new VP9.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I agree, for daytime shooting the luminescents are better than the meps. Toying with the idea of TFX pros for the best of both worlds. Don't really want to go through the hassle of having sights installed just to try them out and maybe having to go back again though.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I agree, for daytime shooting the luminescents are better than the meps. Toying with the idea of TFX pros for the best of both worlds. Don't really want to go through the hassle of having sights installed just to try them out and maybe having to go back again though.
I heard here on this forum, other forums, and from HK Armorer @ GA Customer Service, that TFX Pros come, or did for a while, as OE on VP9 LEs. Armorer told me he uses them on his EDC.

I have Trijicon HDs on 2, Meps on 3, Luminova OE on one, and TFX Pro on 2 pistols. The Meps and TFX seem a bit more accurate, the HDs are super fast acquisition combat/self-defense sights. I've had a couple of very skilled competitive shooters try my guns, just so I verify its me not the gun, and they have found the same. One well decorated comp shooter said he never could warm up to HDs as far as a 'target' type sight.

I do like the TFX outside the best, only thing is Truglo designed sight picture where the 3 sight post tops don't line up, you basically use the orange ring on front post when it fully appears at bottom of U notch in rear site.

Overall 'best' sights I feel are the TFX Pro, so you might like them as well. HK told me they also are very simple to install and usually require no mods.

HTH

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I heard here on this forum, other forums, and from HK Armorer @ GA Customer Service, that TFX Pros come, or did for a while, as OE on VP9 LEs. Armorer told me he uses them on his EDC.

I have Trijicon HDs on 2, Meps on 3, Luminova OE on one, and TFX Pro on 2 pistols. The Meps and TFX seem a bit more accurate, the HDs are super fast acquisition combat/self-defense sights. I've had a couple of very skilled competitive shooters try my guns, just so I verify its me not the gun, and they have found the same. One well decorated comp shooter said he never could warm up to HDs as far as a 'target' type sight.

I do like the TFX outside the best, only thing is Truglo designed sight picture where the 3 sight post tops don't line up, you basically use the orange ring on front post when it fully appears at bottom of U notch in rear site.

Overall 'best' sights I feel are the TFX Pro, so you might like them as well. HK told me they also are very simple to install and usually require no mods.

HTH
Thank's for the info.
I'll most likely go with the Trijicon HD's.
The Heinie's would be a my choice if they had them with 2 tritium inserts in the rear sight instead of the Straight 8 setup.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm a Glock guy, been carrying one for a long time, about 12 years now.
It does what I need it to do, shoot true and straight and as fast as I need it to when I need it to.
Never felt the need to upgrade them to improve them. Well, I do put Trijicon HD sights on my Glocks.
I have tried ZEV triggers. More out of curiosity as to what it offered over stock Glock triggers.
Still have one in the packaging collecting dust after using it for about 500 rds. Stock trigger works fine for me.
After thousands upon thousands of rounds through Glocks, you kinda get use to the trigger, especially after the first couple thousand rounds on a new Glock. Every firearm is like that though.
I'll most likely keep carrying the Glock for a long time. I'd need about 500-1000 rounds out of the VP9 to determine if it's gonna stay around and have a chance to be a daily carry gun.
Trijicon HDs regulate well on my VP9. Federal P9HST2 147gr standard pressure shoots to POA at 25 yards, using a center of the tritium vial hold.

But: HD sights are very tall.

Also, the rear HDs have several EXTREMELY sharp edges. I'd definitely look at them twice if I wanted HDs on a carry gun. I knocked mine back with a file.

Honestly, for carry, I think I prefer the luminous HK OEM sights on my P30SK LEM V1 to the HDs.

I have no experience with the Meps, but those who do say they are excellent night sights.

Great pick up and it is an awesome pistol. Congrats.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the profile of the HD's. That is also why I was considering the Heinie's.
After using them for approx. 5 years on my Glocks, I haven't had any carry issues or training issues with the sights getting snagged on clothing. Not to say it will never happen.
I just prefer less bulky profile sights that I can utilize for working the slide during one handed manipulations.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As others have stated that's a great price. I paid 519 for mine and thought that was a steal. If you haven't already decided on sights look at the Trijicon HD's. Great sights, having them installed on mine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts