HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my USP .45C for a few years now and I'm in a position to start adding to my overall gun collection. From an HK perspective, there's the USP, HK 45 and 45C. I have other .40 cal guns and I'm getting a Glock 19 so the only caliber I'm considering for the new HK is 45. That being said, I love my USP C and assume that the full size USP would be my first choice based on the grip, feel etc that I'm used to. Is the HK 45 that much different that my thinking is wrong on this? Are they people who started out thinking like me but have given up their USP for the HK 45 or vice versa?

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll end up buying both at some point but I want to make the right choice on the first one and go from there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thing to note, I'm in no way even considering giving up my USP C. Thats on my "no touch" list and one of the reasons the HK 45C is on the list is the fact that the mags for it will work with my existing.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The mags on the full size HK45 will work in your usp compact as well. They will stick out the bottom or you can get the tactical floor plates other wise known as the "elephant foot" mags.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks, I didn't think the full size mags would fit my current USP just the 45C ones. One of the other reasons I'm leaning toward the full size USP is the 12 rounds vs 10 for the HK 45. I know it's not a big difference but most likely this will be my new "on the nightstand" pistol and if I have to grab it on the fly an extra mag isn't necessarily in play and having the 2 extra rounds would be nice. In other words, my SHTF gun. I searched but I haven't found anything bigger for the HK 45 than the 10 rounders. Is there other options that I've missed?

Edit: no I haven't considered the tactical but I'm open to the option.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
10 rounders for the HK.45
12 rounds for USP.45 and USP Tactical .45

If I were you I would try and shoot the .45 USP and the HK.45 and see which you may prefer. The HK.45's grip is the exact angle of the 1911. USP is a bit different and not so "ergo"

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have both the USP 45 and USPc SS 45 and while preferring the full size,... I carry the USPc with me. What's funny is my dad bought his HK45 when I bought my USP full size. It was just a matter of feel. He loved the ergonomic grip of the HK45 and I loved the big blocky grip of the USP. I happen to be 6'7" tall and have pretty long hands. The USP fit me perfectly. We shot them both and just gravitated to opposite guns. He loves his and I love mine.

I think my next HK will be a USP 45 Tactical. I'd like to eventually have the entire line of .45 ACP that HK offers but that will take some time.

My USP full size is my nightstand pistol. I have a TLR-3 on it and I mounted it in a holster underneath the table for quick, concealed access. It works great. When I go camping/hiking/4-wheeling,.. It goes with me. Any chance I get to take it with me,.. I grab it. To me,.. it is the perfect .45 ACP pistol.

My suggestion would be for the USP 45 full size or the HK45. You have to shoot both and see which one gets the nod. I was just in my LGS at lunch today and had the HK45c in my hands,.... Wow,.. what a machine.

Good luck !! The good news is,.. you can't go wrong!!! They are all great !!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts