HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, or has anyone ever seen someone selling a box set, styro inner and outer shell, for the SP-89, or am I wasting my time thinking I will ever find one?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Watch ebay or gunbroker. A few have shown up.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW!!! I wasn't thinkin that kind of money. WOW!! I was maxed at about $100.00 MAYBE $125.00 for a real nice box set. I have the styro inside now, its just discloored abit, anh a little chewed up. Ireally want a new box, but not for half of my savings towards another USP. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Sounds like for $300 one would be better to look at a nice HK gun case or Pelican case or even an HK Brief Case (have one with a cracked handle that is only double this price range and might include the box with it for a USP ... LOL ;-).

Take care

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Yeah, I think JT nailed it. A nice actual carrying case would be a much wiser use of yer beer money. I've got anal friends too... such as back in the day, do you remember records? Like albums with the plastic covering? He would actually just carefully slit the plastic and keep the plastic on the album cover. Even the fold open covers... carefully slit the plastic on three sides. I stopped over his place back during the Easter holiday this spring... and would you believe all the plastic wrappings are still in like new shape? This is with approximately 44 years of use... and we played those records all the time back then.

But I don't think he'd go out and try to find some used 45 year old plastic... but what do I know? Wanna bet that collection is worth some money now? Far as I know, there are absolutely no scratches on any of the albums... and he had some incredibly rare album covers. Well, so do I but mine are all torn up. I had a younger sister.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
and we played those records all the time back then.
Zeppelin, The Who, Rolling Stones, Floyd...

Or are we more like The Mamas and The Papas, Joan Baez and The Byrds?

Either case, the visual. Oh the visual, lol.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Yeah, Pink Floyd, Ginger Baker's Army, Jack Bruce, Blind faith, the Band, etc...

I was in the Coast Guard back then, stationed in New Haven CT SAR unit and had to pull (actually, I really liked it) night comm duty. What was not to like? Open mess hall, endless coffee, alla the blinkin' lights across the New Haven Harbor and the world's first commercial FM radio station, WPLR. They had a jock named 'Stoneman'. One particular night around 2 am, the Doors song "The End" was playing. The music ended... followed by almost two full minutes of complete silence. Then he came back on and said, "Uhhhh... I'm Stoned.... mannn." I almost fell off my chair.

My nose pickin' finger was almost permanently bent in a half circle by that coffee cup.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Yeah, Pink Floyd, Ginger Baker's Army, Jack Bruce, Blind faith, the Band, etc...

I was in the Coast Guard back then, stationed in New Haven CT SAR unit and had to pull (actually, I really liked it) night comm duty. What was not to like? Open mess hall, endless coffee, alla the blinkin' lights across the New Haven Harbor and the world's first commercial FM radio station, WPLR. They had a jock named 'Stoneman'. One particular night around 2 am, the Doors song "The End" was playing. The music ended... followed by almost two full minutes of complete silence. Then he came back on and said, "Uhhhh... I'm Stoned.... mannn." I almost fell off my chair.

My nose pickin' finger was almost permanently bent in a half circle by that coffee cup.
Lol, great story. Even better visual now. Speaking of, where has Retro been?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts