HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I linked the picture as an attachment and hopefully it shows up larger than a thumbnail. Build is by HDPS with parts I supplied. What do you guys think? My favorite thing to do with this gun at the range is one shot, iron sights, and then followed up by appropriate amount of two-eyes-open shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
To do it right, you need an offsite photo hosting service such as Hunt101 or Photobucket. Then you simply upload yer pics the the hosting service and provide the link to that pic such as done here...

To see the syntax, do a "reply with quote" and look at the line. Notice the [ marks, the IMG and the ] at the front and rear? (the last mark also includes a / before IMG.)

Simple, really. The host services cost nothing but you must sit in awe of the banners and occasional ads that pop up AS you upload your pics... personally, I hit the can or take the dog out for a quick download...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you choose that rail or did HDPS recommend that for you? I'm sure it's a quality build, but it looks a little awkward for my taste. I paid Tom Bostwick for the true conversion where he grafts the rear end to the receiver after cutting the SL-8 stock off. I also chose the dual optic rail for the identical look of the true battle rifle. I'll post pics in a separate thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you choose that rail or did HDPS recommend that for you? I'm sure it's a quality build, but it looks a little awkward for my taste. I paid Tom Bostwick for the true conversion where he grafts the rear end to the receiver after cutting the SL-8 stock off. I also chose the dual optic rail for the identical look of the true battle rifle. I'll post pics in a separate thread.
That was my sl8 rail. I also have the $99 rail from hkparts.net mentioned in another thread. When using the composite sl8 sights on the hkparts rail, I could never get things to line up properly so I tried the sl8 rail back on it and the same sights hit targets down range and so I've left it in this configuration for now. Field stripping this set-up is a breeze and retaining the option to go back to thumbhole stock in case laws got crazy. Barrel length is 16.5 including pinned HK K flash hider. The whole unit disassembles in seconds and fits nicely in my go-bag; but that's nothing new to you guys. I built this one almost 3 years ago with a used SL8 from Cabelas ($1000), parts from HKparts.net, and the precision machine work from Ed at HDPS.
As for the aforementioned sight rail options, I'd either like the G36C rail, the Knights Armorment rail with BUIs (either with Trijicon Acog), or the HK single optic rail. All are $$$ and I have an option the works for the moment while I search; the SL8 rail. Thanks for looking,

David, Maine.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am surprised at how good the long rail actually looks with the K hand guard, breaks up the lines very differently than the full size guard... I have the long rail (never used) and was going to have a SL8 parts garage sale, but I might hold off on selling my long rail. Best part is all the options can make shooting it much fun. Tom Bostic is shipping me my PSG8 stock w PRS weld sniper on it, and that SL8 gets low rail, NF umimount, and 5.5x22x56 scope. My second rifle gets SL-8 high rail with Troy full size HK style fold downs and short range optic TBD. But I will try the long rail and SL8 sights for comparison. Just need the time!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts