HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all began with my first HK (and technically my first firearm purchased by me) 8 years ago. Then 4 years of part collecting, and finally 6 months at TSC....she is finished. My crown jewel. Made from parts kit from Gordon Miller with factory 21E barrel. However most internals including the trigger goup, housing, bolt/carrier group, and recoil buffer are all factory MSG90. Special thanks to Mike and Tammy at TSC; they are a true class act.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Very nice! Now lets hope BetaMag can produce the 100 round drum they have had listed on their website for the last 2 years. TSC machine is the best all around HK builder out there.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
That's one sweet rifle.

Can you tell us why you chose those (MSG90) internals?

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
With the MSG90 trigger group on, it must be a semi-auto? Was it made on a semi-auto receiver or a push-pin registered receiver? I, too, would like to add one to the stable, so to speak, but can't seem to find too many individuals with full auto ones and I have heard they can be difficult to get everything working properly to fire in full auto.

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
Very nice. Congrats on that piece of hardware. I just bought a MM HK11E. Lots of rifle, for the cash outlay. Again.....what a beauty you have.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's one sweet rifle.

Can you tell us why you chose those (MSG90) internals?

I picked the trigger group because I wanted a light pull, but I don't like the PSG-1 grip, thus MSG-90

I chose the carrier because it was already cut for the forward....should I want it.

I chose the bolt head because it has the larger extractor that will match up with the cut in the 21E barrel

It turns out that the MSG90 carrier was blessing in disguise. Mike informed me that he normally doesn't like doing 11/13's because of sever bolt bounce. And apparently the MSG90 is a heavier carrier with tungsten; and coupled with the semi-auto only aspect of this build almost eliminated the bolt bounce problem.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She is a semi-auto only rifle. No Class 3 is allowed in IL. The MSG90 lower was clipped and pinned.

So, basically it's just an outrageously expensive, and super-heavy 91....with upgrades

·
Registered
121 Posts
HK11

If you ever get tired of it laying around, put me first on the list of potential new owners. Congrat on a great piece.

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Good stuff and looks good. 6 months is not a bad build time at all. Congrats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts