HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I got to thinking about a possible project after reading a thread on HKPro where a member had his MR762 lower engraved to a G28 clone project. I own a MR556A1 and have begun upgrading with Ral8000 parts and barrel mods to 14.5 with Socom re-profile. However to go the extra mile I really want to cerakote or anodize the upper/lower in burnt bronze like the 416 A5. I am not building a true clone but more of an homage to a particular esthetic.

The above mentioned member had his lower ground and re-engraved like a G28. Where can I get mine redone with HK like laser engraving to 416D instead of MR556A1? I do realize I would need to keep my original registered MR's serial # intact but is that # directly tied to a particular model with ATF or simply a matter of weapon ID?

I have seen this type of work done on 80% lowers so is there any difference between these two types of projects that need be considered.

P.S. I am looking for ideas and helpful information to best complete my project and I am not looking for legal advice. 馃馃馃憣馃徎
Thanks in advance! R

Registered
You may also consider Robar Poly-T2 for the Burnt Bronze. I believe it's more resilient than cerakote.

You may also want to reach out a group called TSC for the work; no I don't have their contact info.

I believe they can do this kind of work but obviously I cannot vouch for them but I know some who have used them to good affect.

Best of luck and post pics when done.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
This is how she looked 2 weeks ago. Since I have sent Raptor charging handle, and base plates out for RAL800 cerokote. When I decide on who will do the upper and lower after disassembly barrel will then go to IGF. Also switched Acog for an FDE Elcan off an M4A1 clone build I will probably part out since this will virtually be a duplicate albeit superior weapon.

Trying to consider if new A5 flips ups are worth the $$ since they really never used or just throw on the KAC 99051.

[URL="[/URL]

Registered
Your SN should be on the pistol grip tang. So you should be OK with blasting as much of the laser engraving off as safely possible. My 416A5 charging handle is pretty light in color....about as light as a Geissele DDC color. The anodizing is a hard to do color...so unless you have like 20-50 plus rifles to anodize, don't count on anyone doing it if they are capable.

KG Gunkote anodized tan with some KG burnt bronze mix should get you a good color match, but I haven't experimented with anodized tan + burnt bronze yet (I have with other colors, and my color is slightly darker than my target color)

Registered
Maybe you should wait a year until HK (possibly) releases genuine "current spec" models, which should include RAL guns?

Registered
Trying to consider if new A5 flips ups are worth the $$ since they really never used or just throw on the KAC 99051.
Definitely not worth it. The price is a joke. Excessive height will preclude the proper cheek weld. Also keep in mind these are not secured to the rail by screws. They feature a quick push button attachment "for ease of use". In theory you should use a bullet tip to uninstall them. However, I managed to uninstall the rear with my fingers. Also heard reports of them falling off under impact. The iron sights are generally far too small to utilize any secure QD system, like scope mount levers. But why do you need a quick attachment feature in BUIS in the first place? I mean, how often do you need to take your back-ups off? Once I put them on, they stay on. I loctite the screws and make index marks with a Sharpie. If I were you, I'd keep the Troys.

Banned
This is how she looked 2 weeks ago. Since I have sent Raptor charging handle, and base plates out for RAL800 cerokote. When I decide on who will do the upper and lower after disassembly barrel will then go to IGF. Also switched Acog for an FDE Elcan off an M4A1 clone build I will probably part out since this will virtually be a duplicate albeit superior weapon.

[URL="[/URL]
Very nice rifle and setup!!! :biggrin:

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts