HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, maybe not identical twins.....or even twins from the same Mother, but they both shoot really nice :)

Any guesses which one has the nicest trigger? You'd be right if you guessed the one with the model number that starts with "P" and has the sweet Grayguns RRCPP trigger job.

Twin Nines-2 by HKnut, on Flickr

Twin Nines by HKnut, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Sweet pistols you have there. After getting bit by the 1911 bug myself it's tough to beat the triggers on them. Glad to hear your new modded HK has a nicer trigger.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Any guesses which one has the nicest trigger? You'd be right if you guessed the one with the model number that starts with "P" and has the sweet Grayguns RRCPP trigger job.
Then you need to get that other trigger fixed.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
No way a p30 trigger could ever be better than a 1911 trigger. Im not talking bad about p30's, I have one and its my EDC choice, but my kimber's trigger is leaps and bounds ahead of the p30 trigger

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No way a p30 trigger could ever be better than a 1911 trigger. Im not talking bad about p30's, I have one and its my EDC choice, but my kimber's trigger is leaps and bounds ahead of the p30 trigger
Yes, but your P30 doesn't have Bruce Gray's magic trigger dust sprinkled all over it, with the internals then coated in nickel teflon. Oh so smooth and crisp with a reset that is almost as short as the Pointman! The pointman trigger is probably also a pound heavier in pull.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yes, but your P30 doesn't have Bruce Gray's magic trigger dust sprinkled all over it, with the internals then coated in nickel teflon. Oh so smooth and crisp with a reset that is almost as short as the Pointman! The pointman trigger is probably also a pound heavier in pull.
Doesnt matter who touches it or sprinkles whatever on it. No way a da/sa pistol can have a trigger that is comparable to a 1911. Now you can take that as a good or bad thing. Good in the sense that our hk's have much more modern designs which allow for tremendous versatility. Bad in the sense that, with all the shenigans going on inside the pistol you will never get the feel or reset of a 1911.

Like i said though i LOVE my p30, but its trigger will never be the same as a 1911. Not that i really want it to though...

and orfeo

harrison custom do great work. they are located about a mile from my house. i was trying to have him do a bunch of work to my 1911 but alas he is backed up 12-18 months!!! i almost couldnt believe what i was reading when i read the email response from him

any joe schmo gunsmith can get your 1911 trigger feeling great. polishing the trigger bar and either tuning the sear spring or just order a custom sear spring and throw the sear in the ed brown jig and get your file on.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Great to know!

Doesnt matter who touches it or sprinkles whatever on it. No way a da/sa pistol can have a trigger that is comparable to a 1911. Now you can take that as a good or bad thing. Good in the sense that our hk's have much more modern designs which allow for tremendous versatility. Bad in the sense that, with all the shenigans going on inside the pistol you will never get the feel or reset of a 1911.

Like i said though i LOVE my p30, but its trigger will never be the same as a 1911. Not that i really want it to though...

and orfeo

harrison custom do great work. they are located about a mile from my house. i was trying to have him do a bunch of work to my 1911 but alas he is backed up 12-18 months!!! i almost couldnt believe what i was reading when i read the email response from him

any joe schmo gunsmith can get your 1911 trigger feeling great. polishing the trigger bar and either tuning the sear spring or just order a custom sear spring and throw the sear in the ed brown jig and get your file on.
He has the gun's and i know he has a gauge to measure trigger's so you might think you know but if you don't own a GGI i call it a assumption at best. I hear the GGI's LEM's are superb also....

And doing your own 1911 trigger job no way i would ! I would use Steve Morrison of MARS to build me a custom from a Colt only not any other like the Kimber junk..but i'm not into 1911's at all!! But if i was Steve would be the guy...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I love than DW PM-9. It might be my first 1911 since my Kimber "fiasco"
:wink: Kimber has sure ruined a once descent 1911 in the Oregon day's long ago now just junk....the Wesson's sure are nice looking and i hear by far very good thing's about them...

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can honestly say that the P30 with Grayguns reduced reset carry perfection package wins in every category against my PM-9 except reset. And the P30 isn't far behind in the reset category. Believe or not. In fact if you are near Philly you are welcome to try them both out back to back and measure the pulls yourself.

That being said, the PM-9 isn't a custom gun and a little trigger work would probably change things drastically. The trigger isn't even close to the Wilson QCB I had a while back.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love than DW PM-9. It might be my first 1911 since my Kimber "fiasco"
Check the non HK firearms for sale section. Saw a FS post pop up there yesterday. You won't be disappointed. A 9mm 1911 is a lot of fun at the range!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts