HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new catalog from CDNN and noticed two new models for the PTR-91. They are the Classic Wood Stock & Forearm, and the Military Black Synthetic. I called PTR and they said that these two models are the same gun as the PTR-91 G.I. with just different finishes. Has anyone seen one in person yet?

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I haven't, but I got the new CDNN catalog just last week. I haven't looked at it yet but your post will make me take a look at it when I get home from work. Thanks. What are they priced at?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Google CDNN their catalog is online

The wood version is $1,000 and the black version is $969.. I like the black GI finish a lot better than the two tone green furniture GI

Here in the rainy PNW wood stocks are a no go

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I really like the PTR GI. Very nice gun. Has anyone had problems with the cast bolt head?
A few. I plan to swap it out immediately with German parts and drop an A3 stock on mine, just like my real A3

·
Registered
536 Posts
My PTR GI model has been very enjoyable after having the cracked trunion replaced. They had great service. It's funny they now offer a wood stock set, I just ordered mine from Robert RTG...

·
Registered
10 Posts
PTR was at the NRA Annual. I saw the original black. They didn't have the wood model, but they do have a new hunting model. It's like the MSG 91 super sniper, except with a thin profile barrel with no muzzle device. However I don't think it has the PRS stock.

And it's green by the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought an older ptr91 and ordered all wood furniture from Robert Rtg too. I love the way the wood looks on those rifles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, this is my first post - I just registered on the forum. I placed an order from CDNN for the new wood stocked version of the GI. Should get it early next week. I called PTR and asked them a couple of questions before ordering. They said it is exactly the same as the GI, but with a black finish and wood furniture. They also said that they have moved to 12 flutes in the chamber and that the wood stocked versions have the new barrels and that newly produced GI models and newly produced GI based models with black synthetic furniture will also start to have 12 flutes in the chamber. Hopefully all is well. I felt like it was a bit of a dice roll. What sold me on the PTR was the inexpensive magazines, spare parts, and accessories. I couldn't justify to myself ordering a FAL or M1A and paying for the more pricey mags and other accouterments that I might want. Maybe next year during tax return time I'll get an M1A or a FAL if our 2nd amendment rights are still intact.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well, this is my first post - I just registered on the forum. I placed an order from CDNN for the new wood stocked version of the GI. Should get it early next week. I called PTR and asked them a couple of questions before ordering. They said it is exactly the same as the GI, but with a black finish and wood furniture. They also said that they have moved to 12 flutes in the chamber and that the wood stocked versions have the new barrels and that newly produced GI models and newly produced GI based models with black synthetic furniture will also start to have 12 flutes in the chamber. Hopefully all is well. I felt like it was a bit of a dice roll. What sold me on the PTR was the inexpensive magazines, spare parts, and accessories. I couldn't justify to myself ordering a FAL or M1A and paying for the more pricey mags and other accouterments that I might want. Maybe next year during tax return time I'll get an M1A or a FAL if our 2nd amendment rights are still intact.
Welcome and thanks for posting. You should be good to go with PTR's new Lifetime Warranty, if you should run into a problem they will repair or replace if necessary. I still feel strongly that PTR offers the best deal on a MBR in the U.S. Please post some photos of your rifle when you get it.

Thanks, HDH.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll definitely try to post some photos once it's received. I've already received my shipment of mags, polymer furniture, and other items from robertrtg. I even snagged a bayonet from numrich - hopefully everything goes together well. I thought the pics of the wood furniture looked good, but I wanted to be able to switch to polymer just for the heck of it. A buddy of mine who used to own a CETME told me that the wood handguard heats up real fast, but I don't do a lot of rapid firing so I'll see how it goes. My intention with this rifle is to find one of the german scopes and claw mounts and scope it. If the rifle is 2-3 MOA (hopefully closer to 2) and reliable, I'll be more than happy with it. I don't do any bench shooting. Most of my shooting is done either prone or sitting and I can shoot 2 MOA consistently, so if the rifle is as accurate as I am that will be great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts