HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had no prob with my p2000 what so ever have put a ton of rounds through it.went to the range today with my brother in law and my father and had two stovepipes in 350 rounds!?!? weapon is/was clean and well lubed (not overly oiled) but just right as were mags as allways nothing different.i did disassemble mags at last cleaning as it had ben 1000 or so rounds since i had done that,putting them back together is a no brainer so dont know how i coulda screwed that up?one stove pipe happened mid mag to my brother other to me right after loading and bringing weapon into battery. have had no problems with this little pistol and carry it daily, what do you guys think

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
What ammo were you using? If it was some stuff that you've not used before, it could be part of the problem. Did you try some of your carry ammo?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ammo was WWB and remington both 180 grain both ive used before.THIS GUN SHOULD EAT ANYTHING im a little upset about this:170000:

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,542 Posts
Did it stovepipe with *you*? I couldn't tell from your post. It may just be a grip thing with a different shooter.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the mid mag stovepipe was with my brother in law and the stove pipe from chambering the first round was with me but with a mag i didnt load.this could have something to do with it

·
Registered
177 Posts
How many rounds had you fired before the first stoppage. Personally, if I fire a couple hundred rounds and then get a stoppage, I don't get all worried their is something wrong wtih the gun, it's just dirty.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was about 150 or so into it maybe more not sure we were shooting 4 diff guns but ive put well over 500 at a time through this thing without so much as a hiccup before.am i over reacting?this is my carry piece

·
Registered
498 Posts
you know the one thing that was different I didn't load the mags every time. Can you screw that up?
Yes. I have one usp 45 full size mag that loads funky. Sometimes it will only take 9 rounds instead of 10 and I know it didn't stack right. As long as I take the 9 rounds out and reload it with 10, it works fine. Don't know why but it will stack wrong sometimes and then it stovepipes, and not always at the same place.
This happened to my daughter 2 times. I have always caught it when it didn't take all 10. Those 2 times my daughter had a problem are the only 2 times I have ever had any problem with any of my HK's.
I keep track of round count buy placing 10 rounds in my hand to start with. Since the ammo boxes have rows of 5, I drop 2 rows in my hand and I know I'm good. The mag should take all that are in my hand. That way I don't have to try to keep track as I'm pressing them into the mag. To easy to loose track that way.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any chance they limp wrist and you don't?
does that really make a diffirence? i dont think this was the case both my father and brother in law were in the military but is the limp wrist for real?could you make your gun stovepipe on purpose?(not to get off topic)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im just gunna buy another 400 or so rounds and shoot um all ,load um all myself and see whats up.till then ill carry my TRP

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Just shoot it more and see. Could be the ammo. Also disassemble and more carefuly reassemble the gun - especially take care about the spring / barrel assembly - an improperly seated spring guide can cause that along with brass being thrown all over place.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i was about 150 or so into it maybe more not sure we were shooting 4 diff guns but ive put well over 500 at a time through this thing without so much as a hiccup before.am i over reacting?this is my carry piece
Some will disagree, but here is just my point of view. First, if its your carry piece, I assume you carry it clean and lubed. With it being in such condition, if you need to use it, and have a full load, then you got 37 rounds. Your gun should always go at least that without a malfunction. Of course until you get so many thousand rounds down range springs wear, need replaced, etc. So far I've never had a stoppage in my USP 45, but I've only shot 200 rounds at one time before I cleaned it again. When I've taken it apart to clean it, the feed ramp had so much goo on it, there were brass flakes everywhere on the inside, etc; I'm surprised it didn't fail. I feel that if you start getting stoppages around x number of rounds, take a look at the inside. When you see all that filth, their's your answer. Once I shot a Beretta M9 over 1k rounds in one day without a stoppage. I have a Glock 35 that had been totally reliable until I shot 400 rounds in 1 day. After about 250, I had 1-2 malfunction about every 20 rounds from there on. Once is was clean again, no more problems. Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned based on what you described.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I have a glock and several HKs. I have a friend that everytime he shoots any of them they smokestack. They never have done it for me so yes I believe it does matter "limpwristing" that is.

·
11,542 Posts
And to answer the question, limp wristing can cause cycling problems. It has nothing to do with being in the military or anything else. It has to do with the way one tries to anticipate the recoil on a gun that they are not familiar with. If one over anticipates the recoil and tries to "absorb" it with a limp wrist, then the weapon may fail to cycle correctly.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Well, nobody has mentioned mag-springs, so I guess I'll throw that in also. A high percentage of these cases are resolved by replacing the mag-springs with Wolff +10% versions.

As far as shooting several hundred rounds between cleaning is concerned. . . I must say I like my guns clean. I'll even say it again, I really like my guns clean. That being said however, the fact remains that several people on here clean their guns once a year despite regular usage (Scooter comes to mind as one) with no problems. You should EASILY be able to go many hundreds of rounds between cleanings.

Yes, limpwristing really can happen, but it is not a very common problem with USP Compacts or P2000s IMHO. My wife is 90 lbs, with wrists about the size of my index finger and middle finger put together. She shoots my USPc 9mm and my USPc 45 one-handed with no issues. I've shot both of them with two fingers, upside down and sideways trying to induce a limp-wristed-style failure, and could not (Scooter has said that he can induce a limp-wristing failure by holding way low on the gun's grip). :)

·
11,542 Posts
I just wanted clarify my comments about limp wristing. It has nothing to do with size, strength, or sexual orientation. It's just an involuntary physical response to an anticipated situation. I've seen wrist rasslin' champs have trouble with limp wristing a gun. It's not about strength!

When somebody thinks that the gun is going to "kick" they may try to prepare their shooting hand to absorb the recoil. This actually winds up removing the amount of resistance needed to accurately cycle the weapon. This can happen with a new weapon or when going from one weapon to another. Lots of stuff can "trick" the body...

Or it could be mag springs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys,oh and orfeo im a clean freak to took me 3 1/2 hours last night to clean two pistols,well im just gunna go shooting again if it doesnt happen in 300 rounds by my self ill know it had something to do with my shootin partners.

hey im gunna start a new thread -how long does it take you to clean your gun

·
Registered
20 Posts
the mid mag stovepipe was with my brother in law and the stove pipe from chambering the first round was with me but with a mag i didnt load.this could have something to do with it
So a live round from the magazine stove-piped while you were loading it into the chamber? How that happen? This is a failure to eject, not a failure to feed, right?

Edit: whether its FTF or FTE, I'll go with limp wristing or something contacting the slide and keeping it from fully cycling.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts