HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading for several hours about where to get a scope mount for this little plinker. I seem to have come into the fold a little late in game on this gun and many of the post are a year old and many of the items are sold out that people have tested and actually work. Ive looked at the one on HK Parts, but honestly Im not looking to invest a 1/4th of the gun price into a 3 inch piece of aluminum.

Has anyone found anything recent that works well with this gun? Ive read alot of mixed reviews on some of the stuff shop owners claim to work and what will actually work. It seems if it works with the GSG dont buy it, although some sites claim differently. If anyone has machined one of these themselves would you happen to have your specs? I have access to a machine shop, but it is at a local community college that a friend works at so taking the gun there for trial/error as its being made is out of the question.

Thanks to all in advance
Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much TooSixy, I was a little worried about it being it states that it WILL fit a GSG and everything I read said GSG stuff would not work well with the Umarex/HK MP5 22LR. Ill get my order in right away! Had a blast with this little gun at the range but those iron sights are just a little too clunky for my taste when shooting at 100 yards +

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Thanks so much TooSixy, I was a little worried about it being it states that it WILL fit a GSG and everything I read said GSG stuff would not work well with the Umarex/HK MP5 22LR. Ill get my order in right away! Had a blast with this little gun at the range but those iron sights are just a little too clunky for my taste when shooting at 100 yards +
The Classic Army mount is actually longer than what is pictured on the link I posted (as you can see in my pics). Very good quality and really sturdy. I'd say an excellent piece for the price. I spent $79 for the Primary Arms Micro Dot and it is a great scope.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I got some mags at cheaper than dirt for $25 each. I bought 6 of them so that was decent savings on my end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for the info, got the mount ordered and on the way...saved me 50-100 bucks over what the other cost. Think my friend is gonna take the dimensions of it and mill a few out because the little HK Clone 22lr was a hit after I spent 10 bucks on ammo and he put 40-50 bucks thru his .223 For plinking at the range you cant beat it.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
The Classic Army mount is actually longer than what is pictured on the link I posted (as you can see in my pics). Very good quality and really sturdy. I'd say an excellent piece for the price. I spent $79 for the Primary Arms Micro Dot and it is a great scope.
The link you posted is to the A363M mount, but what you have on your gun appears to be the older A079M mount, which is longer, and have slightly different mounts:

CA BT5/G3 low profile mount [A079M] - $25.00 : Airsoft Extreme, The premier American retailer of replica toy airsoft guns.

I have the A363M on mine with a Bushnell TRS-25, and had to put a riser on it. It's just too busy trying to cowitness. On mine, when the rear diopter turret is turned all down the center threaded post that the turret rotates around blocks the lower half of the sight view. Also, the TRS-25 has the red dot projector in the lower right corner of the sight, and that also blocks some of the view. I added a UTG low profile 1/2" riser to get the dot above the front sight ring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a HK MP5-A5, last week. going to try and find a A363M mount and drop either a Tru-Glo or Sightmark reflex sight on it. My MP5 had a 10rd. mag with it so I asked my dealer if he could make me a deal on a 25rd. mag. He let me have 2 for $14.50/each, Half price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ha ha, I love it. After shooting everything else we have all rediscovered 22's again. These HK's are a blast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts