HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have the umarex mp5 sd 22 and was thinking about getting a decent reflex sight, do they make any that you don't need a mount or do they all need mounts? i wasn't sure. any suggestions on a short/small/low profile mount and low profile reflex sight, don't want it to be too bulky. id be only plinking to 100 yards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so I got that mount and it seems just fine, and i went ahead and bought the bushnell trs-25 after so many recommendations and good reviews.
i mounted the mount, and the scope... but not sure on the best way to zero it, and if i'm suppose to look through my rear iron sight too.... because it seems like the device inside the scope (that shines the red dot) is blocking my view somewhat, and makes seeing the front sight a bit difficult.... does it sound like i mounted it wrong, or are you just suppose to use the scope and the front sight?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a GSG-5 High & Low Mount because my HK MP 5 SD did not have the flat top rail...It had 4 mounting points on the receiver housing for adding a top scope rail........I wish I had waited and did more searching before I got the GSG mount ($92), but the gun shop sold it to me for $50.....I do most of my business with this shop..................................I added a Red/Green Dot scope using the see thru adapter that came with the mount..........I can shoot quite well with the iron sights out to 50 yards.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you see your front sight post while looking through your back sight with you red dot scope mounted? I am asking because I am now starting my search for a red dot for my new Umarex H&K MP5 SD6 .22lr
Another words can you get a true co-witness ?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Can you see your front sight post while looking through your back sight with you red dot scope mounted? I am asking because I am know starting my search for a red dot for my new Umarex H&K MP5 SD6 .22lr
Another words can you get a true co-witness ?
No co-witness. The red dot on my TRS-25 is about an inch above the front post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does this setup get you a True co-witness ?
I have the same mp5 sd6 .22lr and was wanting to mount a red dot, but only if I could achieve a true co-witness so I would never have to take the scope off for battery failure or any reason. Just keep shooting!
Thanks for any help in advance.
And I already have the low profile mount.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts