HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up one. It has a code of ii....maybe ll. It is faint and halfway up the barrel. The feed ramp is different than other ones ive seen. It is flat versus the angular one. It seems to feed fine with manual operation of the bolt. Havent fired it yet. Also the markings are not the lighter color just appear to be etched logo and codes. Any help?

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Sixntwins:

Does it have cut rifling or is it a polygonal configuration? As far as I know, Hk german manufactured UMP barrels are polygonal other ones are not.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Polygonal Barrel Recognition

How can i tell by looking?

Ah... Grasshopper! That comes with experience. However, the best explantion might be does the rifling look for want of a better
term "swirly". Cut rifling has definte defined grooves in the metal of the barrel. While I hate to make broad generalized statements,
look at almost any barrel on another weapon you own. In all likelyhood it will not be a polygonal one.
Once you have something to compare it to it should be easier for you to determine if your USC/UMP has a polygonal rifling.

This is a pretty good pic of cut rifling. If your USC/UMP rifling looks like this, then it is not an HK German manufactured USC/UMP
barrel. The USC/UMP barrels are not fluted while the barrel pic below does have flutes, so you may ignore them and just concentrate
on the rifling.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply. I will look when I get home. I bought the barrel from someone who deals in demilled weapons. So i feel ok with its authenticity. Any idea what the ii means? I have since found other threads dealing with the differences between usc and ump feed ramps. Fyi laughing at the grasshopper!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts