1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Wow. That was quick.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Yes, that was quick I got several 63 minutes after the OP. Now I can sell them on GB for 200 each! Not really, I'm not the gouging type. They will be put to good use. Jace, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Um.. he still has 9mm mags in stock for 89 bucks. Might want to grab a few if you were thinking of doing that conversion.
Oh, and if he got some in, chances are other people are going to also (the .45 mags).

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hope whoever bought them sits on them for a very long time.

I hate gougers and I refuse to give in to their high prices. I'll wait until summer when there is available stock.

I will say KUDOS!!! to Center Mass for not being part of the "market" value price war.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
At $89, they're still taking advantage of the sellers market- they still cost the same from HK now as they did when everyone was selling them for $60. They're just gouging a little less than everyone else.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I hope whoever bought them sits on them for a very long time.

I hate gougers and I refuse to give in to their high prices. I'll wait until summer when there is available stock.

I will say KUDOS!!! to Center Mass for not being part of the "market" value price war.
I'm the same way. I refuse to do a conversion until mags are reasonable again.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
At $89, they're still taking advantage of the sellers market- they still cost the same from HK now as they did when everyone was selling them for $60. They're just gouging a little less than everyone else.
This is true, albeit when these do return to the market on a regular basis this will most probably be the entry market price. The 2012 election is again sparking the "gun/ammo scare". This first quarter, Ruger had an order in excess of 1 million units and had to stop taking orders. Expect ammo prices to spike as well.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Local gun store was told there will be a 10% increase in case prices due to"economy". Mags will probably stay at a premium until someone builds here in US. It is all hysteria and BS.

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
I wonder how Center Mass got hold of these mags? Could it be that HK has started shipping these to their dealers?

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
This is true, albeit when these do return to the market on a regular basis this will most probably be the entry market price. The 2012 election is again sparking the "gun/ammo scare". This first quarter, Ruger had an order in excess of 1 million units and had to stop taking orders. Expect ammo prices to spike as well.
Yep. The distributors have almost no HK firearms in stock at all now.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
In January, when nothing will have changed (the world is still here, Obama is still the President, and the GOP still controls the House) prices will come down as the minions realize they have a lot of money tied up in things they never use and sell their guns and ammo. I benefitted last time as i found some guys dumping AR15 uppers for 50% of what they paid for them.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
In January, when nothing will have changed (the world is still here, Obama is still the President, and the GOP still controls the House) prices will come down as the minions realize they have a lot of money tied up in things they never use and sell their guns and ammo. I benefitted last time as i found some guys dumping AR15 uppers for 50% of what they paid for them.
Sure hope you're right. Though I'm sure you are, it would suck for all of us if you're wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Dead on, the silly hysteria is almost laughable. There will be no new bans anytime in the foreseeable future. The manufactures and dealers are sure loving it. I bought my ammo some time back precisely to avoid these crazy periods. Oh well, hope it passes quickly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't think there will be a ban, but it seems that Obama has been quoted to a source as he is trying to do something under the radar in regards to gun control. Quoted from NRA site.

And longtime anti-gun activist Sarah Brady said last March that the president told her "I just want you to know that we are working on [gun control] ... We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

This international firearms treaty has me a little concerned. It's no secret the UN wants to take guns out of civilian hands worldwide. There are countries including Canada, Italy, and Japan for some odd reason that would oppose this. I believe there's been something like 65-70 letters written to Obama from members of the Senate that if 2nd Amendment rights or civilian guns are included in this treaty they will let it die in the Senate.

Back to the UMP mags. I live here in GA and live a little over an hour from Clyde's Armory you guys might be familiar with. I called them yesterday and they said the only UMP 45 mags they have are reserved for LE and government agencies. I had gotten the two mags I have for $65 bucks a pop back in the day. They said to call back in about 2-4 weeks to check on stock.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Clyde's has been out of stuff for over a year. I got all my UMP stuff, mags, lowers from them. When i got my mags they were $45. Back to the dictator want-to -be. IF he get back in he will try some BS with guns, this is for sure. The man is a pathologic liar. Fast and furious was ONLY to implement gun control and the commie media was right in there with him until it backfired and now the commie media is silent. This man is a danger to this country militarily, economically and constitutionally.
(rant over)
I got an email from center mass saying my order was cancelled because of a inventory SNAFU and then an hour later they said another SNAFU and would be shipping my order in the morning??? Kind of strange.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts