HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Years ago, I had my USC converted to a UMP. At the time, there were no aftermarket barrels made for them. The HK ones were hard to find and very expensive if you could find one. So I had my convertion done and left the 16 inch barrel in the gun. I now have some extra funds and am going to order an HDPS 8 inch barrel for my gun. I have my tax stamp already so everything is legal.

My question is, how hard is it to get the ejector lever back into the gun after I swap the barrels? It has been years since I took the gun apart to have the conversion done, and when it was returned to me it was back in one piece. I remember the barrel is pinned in with a single pin at the bottom of the barrel. I also remember that I knocked the ejector lever out and could not figure out how to put it back in.

Any information on how to easily swap my barrel would be great.

Thanks all,

Dragon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that is so simple. Now I feel dumb. I was missing the part where it sets on to the barrel. Thanks so much Gunschlinger for the link.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My barrel showed up. HKparts.net, BIG thumbs up. It's nice to finally have the rifle I payed the tax to make, and the first think out of my wife's mouth " it looks like the barrel is 6 inches too short, I liked it better the other way"...... Now that I know it is only a five minute swap, I guess she can have it the way she likes it sometimes too. :)

Thanks again to Gunschlinger for the link. I guess my next project is to figure out how to post pics on the site.

·
Registered
307 Posts
A couple years ago I had a USC barrel cut and had a flange put on it. Cannot remember who it was made by tho... something project...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, yeah Gunschlinger, by "Project" I meant "next time I feel less lazy" :) I need to take some pics and then I am sure I could figure it out. I am just, well, lazy. Yeah I was going to have my USC barrel cut down and threaded when I first did the project, then I decided I like the way it shot. I didn't want to shell out $500+ bucks on an HK factory barrel at the time. So after I had no money to spend HDPS came out with a barrel. I just ordered it through HKparts, and it showed up within a week. Foot and a half of snow on the ground and I find it in my mailbox today, I was suprized.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts