HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Trying to figure out what I'm looking at. Was there no receiver?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Correct it was a parts kit so the receiver has been destroyed. However real German 9mm barrels and bolts are borderline unobtanium

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,303 Posts
WOW, sold with BIN for almost $4,000 (with no mag as @peppersteak122 said). I get it from a collector's standpoint, but id you want a 9mm subgun, just get a MP5. I am told the recoil impulse on the 9mm UMP, while not as bad as the .45, is still pretty significant. But I guess if you have $4k in disposable income to drop on a parts kit, you probably already have a few MP5 platforms...

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
These were a hair under $3k about 5 years ago at HKParts, all were brand new. I bought one, but don't know how many others are out there. They very rarely come up for sale.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Not to troll this thread, but I don't get it outside of a hard core HK collector.

I mean if you want a polymer blow-back 9mm subgun, you can have a brand new Scorpion Evo 3 + 922r kit + SBR Stamp for right around $1000 all in.

And mags are plentiful and $20.

HKpro yes, but...

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
I would have bought that at the BIN price in a heartbeat... and I already have several Michaels Machines and SEF Tactical sets.

@Lumbergh: you're right, there are definitely less pricey options out there. This is very much a collectible in the most collectible sense of the term. Michael's Machines now makes 9mm kits for the UMP and USC for around $1000 so even sticking with the HK platform there are alternatives.

One of these kits, unfired, is my "HK Unicorn" and I'm glad I did not see the auction, frankly, I have more important things to spend that $$$ on right now. It would have been a hard choice not to click Buy It Now. :wink:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Thank you for clearing this up.

I've seen these in the past as mentioned above at HKparts.net and wasn't aware of the rarity.

As I haven't really been looking for these I was completely ignorant of the rarity and value attached to that.

I guess that's why I have an SBR Evo 3 and not a factory HK 9mm UMP!

The more you read, the more you learn.

Like they say, "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts