HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yes on my USC. It's a crude bho. It only stays up when there is pressure on it. Does it fall if there is an empty mag in it?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Hmm. That's a bit odd. I'm getting my stock block this week. I'll try again. Possible weak mag spring unable to hold it up. The bhO will release if the bolt is bounced without an empty mag in.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not 100% sure on if it will release on a loaded mag. I was shooting and had the muzzle upward, BHO open after the mag was exhausted and brought the gun down on the shooting bench butt first and it released because I dropped it about and inch off the bench. Then I tried again but used my hand to strike the buttpad with an empty mag and with no mag. I didn't think to insert a loaded mag because I really did not want the bolt engaging without releasing the BHO on a loaded mag, so I suppose I should try that but I thought that the BHO would not disengage unless released @ the lever.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
It should not be releasing with an empty mag inserted. If there is a loaded mag or no mag, it will release if bumped. My suggestion is do not try it with a loaded mag. Accidents happen and I definitely don't want to hear that you had an accident as I'm sure you don't either. Maybe with a few dummy rounds would be ok.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
That is odd that it failed with a mag in it as well as out.

Mine will jar loose if there is no mag and you give it a fair whack. With mag, not a chance with mine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thats totally normal then.My uncle told me that when he was in Korea (for the hot war) a lot of the guys used to reload their carbines like that. I can't image it was something one would do in combat but it does add a certain amount of flair to a load doing it administratively. Personally I don't use the BHO on the USC. I think that the manual of arms should be consistant between it and the MP5 so I try to never mess with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.