HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I've been quite quiet about who and how my UMP was getting built. As all Of you know, there are two folks here that do graft jobs. Tbostic and Chopstix kid. Both do fine work. But I contacted another member here who was doing UMP builds with stock blocks and asked him what the possibility of sticking his hand in the cookie jar would be. Just for the heck of it. So, after a few phone conversations, I decided to go with........drum roll please........

WESPRITTS!!

I also decided that I didn't just want a plain jane black UMP. I wanted something a bit different. So I decided to have it refinished in duracoat urban digiflage. Wes is also looking at reprinting the bullet markings on the housing since they'll be covered over by the duracoat. Overall I'm extremely excited about this. I've wanted one for a while and I'm confident it'll be something pretty awesome when it's all said and done.

Wes, if you want, please post any updates here. Guys, I'll update ASAP.

·
Registered
88 Posts
man, that is gonna be cool...can't wait to see it...what is the time frame on the finished product?? and are you staying in .45??

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not 100% on time frame. We have had to wait for some back ordered materials. I'm hoping to see a finished product by the end of next month. I'm definitely allowing extra time as this is his first go round with this type of conversion though he stated they have done some G36 graft jobs. I am staying .45 at this time as I don't care for a .40 or 9 as I have both of those calibers in my MP5's. I may eventually do a 9 conversion but probably not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts