HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
452 Posts
Congrats on the build. Keep your eyes open for a USC barrel for sale in the spare parts section. They usually go for about 2 bucks. Keep the serialized barrel for your gun and have the one you bought sent to Tom for a cut & thread. For a barrel that’s UMP specific, a USC barrel loses its serial number.

when the SBR stamp comes in, plug in your new barrel. I used a new roll pin, but so e guys use the original. YMMV.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine is on the way to Tom right now and I already cant wait to get it back. definitely gonna SBR it and have some fun

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
How long after filling out the work order form did you get the go ahead to send it in?
Like Navy87Guy said, virtually immediately. I did ask him if I can send in an SL8 for him to convert as well after making payment for the UMP, he said he is backed up for the next couple of months so you may want to check with him what his bandwidth is like.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting. I'm going to have to reach out to him and see because I filled one out 2-3 weeks back and have yet to get a response.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I'm guessing I beat the rush with all these SL8 conversions. Once I had an approved form one I contacted Tommy and received a response within an hour. Sent it in and had back all within a week.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts