HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filling out the form 1 for my UMP conversion. I'm gonna be Doing the graft conversion. What I the OAL you put and did you mark caliper as just 45 or did you list all 3 calipers?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And who's the manufacturer? I know heckler and Koch but it says made in Germany. Do I put Germany? Or put sterling, va? It says that too?

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
I put ".45ACP" in question #4c and added "9mm / .40S&W" in question #4h. For OAL, I put "27.16". That's the dimension of the UMP but I figured since the stock block B adds 1/2 inch or so to the UMP stock, 27.16" would be a safe number for my USC conversion. For manufacturer, I put "Heckler & Koch, Columbus, GA" since that's what's on my USC.

ETA: Pic of mfg.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks sixy. Any idea on manufacturer?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm. Yours must be newer. Damn. Not sure what to put.

·
Registered
56 Posts
For the OAL on mine I just measured the gun with the 16" barrel on there and subtracted 8". If you go by the UMP short barrel specs it's actually like 7.87 instead of 8" but being off by about 1/8" is no big deal. My OAL is 27.75". For 4a mine was made in Trussville, AL actually. Did they move their plant to here in GA? Yep .45 ACP for 4c. I don't have the different calibers to change out too so I can't help ya there.

·
Registered
228 Posts
On a form one you're supposed to put yourself as the manufacturer, because according to the NFA you're "making" that gun when you form one it.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually wolv, it says original manufacturer. I and everyone else I know put the oem on there. Guys, I'll just put Germany and hope for the best. The USC as far as I know was never made here. They were all made in Germany. Not sure what city but I'm pretty sure they're all from Germany. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool JD. I did put all 3 calibers just in case. I'm going to put Germany I guess. That should be fine.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
OAL does not have to be to the exact mm. Just not shorter than actual length. Heckler und Koch, Germany or what ever is stamped on your gun will be acceptable. I have one that says AL. and one that says VA. It is pretty much understood that if it is prefaced by HK it's point of origin ist das fatherland.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Actually wolv, it says original manufacturer. I and everyone else I know put the oem on there. Guys, I'll just put Germany and hope for the best. The USC as far as I know was never made here. They were all made in Germany. Not sure what city but I'm pretty sure they're all from Germany. Thanks for the help!!
That's weird, and they seem to approve it, but all of the stuff about form 1s that I've seen while setting up my trust says that the ATF considers you the manufacturer because you are "making" an SBR. That's why they have you engrave your name/trust on the side. I haven't done a form 1 on my trust though.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I put ".45ACP" in question #4c and added "9mm / .40S&W" in question #4h. For OAL, I put "27.16". That's the dimension of the UMP but I figured since the stock block B adds 1/2 inch or so to the UMP stock, 27.16" would be a safe number for my USC conversion. For manufacturer, I put "Heckler & Koch, Columbus, GA" since that's what's on my USC.

ETA: Pic of mfg.
This is how I did it also. Now I just need the stamp...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
So why the OCD on listing calibers on the form 1/4?

I've never even heard rumor of someone having problems for having the firearm/sear in a configuration that was a non-listed caliber.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wolven I think you are referring to another section...4h is it? I've read some people put in that box what they will engrave on their rifle. I left that part blank and my Form 1 was approved no problem. That other section does refer to "original manufacture" as in Heckler and Koch, City State.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wolven I think you are referring to another section...4h is it? I've read some people put in that box what they will engrave on their rifle. I left that part blank and my Form 1 was approved no problem. That other section does refer to "original manufacture" as in Heckler and Koch, City State.
Yea, I think that's it, I was confused as to what he was asking, I just went back and looked at a form 1 and that seems to be what I was thinking of.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts