HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone with a USC to UMP conversion please tell me what the total length is with folded stock and the factory barrel? im hopeing 30"s

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't think any block will put it at 30" unless you are using the stock 16" USC barrel. You could always have the stock USC barrel cut down and threaded to a length that will put the gun at 30" overall....probably around 11" or so.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think any block will put it at 30" unless you are using the stock 16" USC barrel. You could always have the stock USC barrel cut down and threaded to a length that will put the gun at 30" overall....probably around 11" or so.
yes ill will be using factory 16" barrel. if worst came to worst i guess i could have ED add some length to it with a flash hider or fake supressor?
i have a e-mail into him, but i cant wait untill i hear back from him i gotta know now.lol.

·
Registered
356 Posts
With Ed's conversion block you will need about a 3 1/2 inch flash hider pinned/welded on to make the 30 inches folded.

I take it you must be from Michigan, where they have those strange length rules.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With Ed's conversion block you will need about a 3 1/2 inch flash hider pinned/welded on to make the 30 inches folded.

I take it you must be from Michigan, where they have those strange length rules.
michigan? nope worse i live in the peoples republic of kalifornia.
not only do we have weird laws about length we have weird laws about everything. i swear they are gonna try and bann guns that are the color black next.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
It's going to be about 27" with the 16" USC barrel no matter who's block you use. Although the blocks differ in details like how the UMP lower attaches, they are pretty similar in overall dimensions.

·
Banned
366 Posts
I live in Michigan and my HK USC/UMP conversion is 26 3/4 inches long using the factory 16 inch barrel and HDPS stock block.

One of these days I gotta wander down and register this as a pistol, cough. I've already been to the sheriffs department twice in the past 4 days, they keep telling me the system in Lansing is down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rocket,

What did you end up doing for the length in cali? I am looking at doing a similar thing so would love some help. Any pictures? did you use rand's system for securing the mag?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rocket,

What did you end up doing for the length in cali? I am looking at doing a similar thing so would love some help. Any pictures? did you use rand's system for securing the mag?
i havnt did the conversion yet, im waiting on HDPS new block and folder that will help my USA parts count.
when i do it im gonna have HDPS add a flash suppresor to get the extra length. i even thought about makin the folding stock non-folding! not sure but i know its hard to have a cool gun in cali.
yes i already have the radd lock on my USC and if you live in cali i would suggest you get one it is a top notch product.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds good man I am thinking that might be the ticket as far as making it cali complient. I think i will do a second set up for when i am out of state.

Trevor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts