HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best caliber choice for a UMP conversion? I know the 9mm is hard to find and there seems to plenty of .40's , .45's. Which would be the most accurate out of the UMP 8 incher and fun ( I heard the .45 USC is uncomfortable) to shoot as well as most desirable if it was ever sold? I'm talking semi auto fire only, so any UMP owners feel free to chime in. Looking to do a future purchase.

Thx

·
Registered
222 Posts
I personally prefer the .45, but whatever caliber you choose you can't go wrong. The only thing uncomfortable with the USC was the grip for me. A little to fat or maybe just because I have small hands..... The 10 round mags were a bummer also. Just my.02

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
The cheapest one will be the 45, because you don't have to buy a complete kit, you already have the right bolt.

I'd like a 9mm version, I'll probably get one once I get the 45 conversion finished.

The cool part is that the lowers, stock blocks, and stocks only have to be upgraded the first time from the USC. Then to go to a different caliber, you only need a bolt, barrel, and magazine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went with a .40 cal so that I only had 1 ammo caliber for my pistol and my UMP.

Use what you are comfortable with or what you can afford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts